Sleep apnea diagnosis/driving “on topic”

Round the block again

I’m still driving and this just happened to me. Feeling dizzy and lightheaded for about a year then finally tried a sleep test. So I just sleep with a dreamstation now and wake up no problems , feeling fresh. One thing it’s much cheaper buying it yourself thru Amazon. Healthcare providers charge the insurance about 3 times more for the same thing. This I don’t get how they get away with that.

rod

Retired 22 years
How come everyone is diagnosed with sleep apnea now days. It must be the new cash cow for the medical industry. friend-em.

Dhydratd

Never admit that you snore at work, or at your DOT physical, and regulate your neck size....JS
This!! Never answer "Yes" when asked if you snore. Unless you want to be forced to use a CPAP machine connected to a mask every night while trying to sleep. The masks leave marks on your
face for hours after waking up and the machines make you sound like a damn Sleestak from "Land Of The Lost". Bottom line, if you answer "yes", then you're just asking for trouble. My wife has to wear one of these damn things and I'd rather just die in my sleep than have to bother with some machine blowing air down my throat all night long!!
Screws with your sex life also. No more spontaneous "poking" in the middle of the night either.
When you wake up with a woodie and look over at your wife and she's wearing that ugly-ass mask like below, it suddenly turns to mush. Just say no to CPAP!!
quattroairfullfacecpapmask.jpg

brown_trousers

This!! Never answer "Yes" when asked if you snore. Unless you want to be forced to use a CPAP machine connected to a mask every night while trying to sleep. The masks leave marks on your
face for hours after waking up and the machines make you sound like a damn Sleestak from "Land Of The Lost". Bottom line, if you answer "yes", then you're just asking for trouble. My wife has to wear one of these damn things and I'd rather just die in my sleep than have to bother with some machine blowing air down my throat all night long!!
Screws with your sex life also. No more spontaneous "poking" in the middle of the night either.
When you wake up with a woodie and look over at your wife and she's wearing that ugly-ass mask like below, it suddenly turns to mush. Just say no to CPAP!!
quattroairfullfacecpapmask.jpg
They say role playing is good for a marriage. I could imagine some kind of darth vader theme going on there ;)