Sleep apnea diagnosis/driving “on topic”

Danger96

Right, I have the titration study tomorrow and then I’m not sure how long till I get my equipment. Meanwhile I’m approaching my return to work date so I’m unsure of what’s go to happen and honestly I’m not sure if I could work with the way I feel. Thanks for the info!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I’m currently off for knee replacement but just got diagnosed with severe sleep apnea with an absolute av heart block. I still have just under a year left on my DOT card. Will they suspend my DOT certification until it’s under control? I’ve heard it can be 90 days of verified use before it’s reinstated.
What is heart block? Any relation to the heart punch?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Right, I have the titration study tomorrow and then I’m not sure how long till I get my equipment. Meanwhile I’m approaching my return to work date so I’m unsure of what’s go to happen and honestly I’m not sure if I could work with the way I feel. Thanks for the info!
They took mine when I was diagnosed with sleep apnea.
Here they will not give you the 90 day exception anymore.
Take the sleep test and use a C-pap. You will feel better

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They took mine when I was diagnosed with sleep apnea.
Here they will not give you the 90 day exception anymore.
Take the sleep test and use a C-pap. You will feel better
Interesting. Sounds like it’s dependent on the doc.

I know when I finally went in I just showed the doctor my app history and she gave me a one year card. She told me it wouldn’t work for the other doctor though. No idea why. It’s got all of the info on use right there.