Sleeper Team Driver

Can anyone give me some information on the sleeper team operations? What is starting pay and how long does it usually take to recieve health insurance? They are putting some on in Rockford Il.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Ha! No info then I take it. Thanks
If you are looking for a feeder job , you most likely get hired as a temp and the sleeper jobs go to high ranking seniority employees, pay starts off at progression yearly 4 yrs o believe to top rate , insurance after a year , I really don't think off street hires get sleeper team positions , only as sub contractors during Christmas season , hope this helps !!!

Poop Head

Judge me.
They use more sleeper teams than you think... and with fedex trucking more and more things straight through do t be surprised if we get more sleeper teams trickling through...
Ive never seen a brown sleeper cab? Ive seen white Volvo sleepers with the letters ups on the door. Didn't look too legit

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Those arnt pillows !!!
ptapillows.gif

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The hubs in my state lease white sleeper tractors and put the UPS shield on the door. I have not seen an older one, all fairly new.
Have never seen a brown sleeper ever in our yard or any other yard I've been to... i have seen a brown sleeper with logos for ups freight...

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
A senior guy bids the sleeper run, then he picks whoever he wants to be his co-driver. Might be another older driver, or I've even seen a brand new guy in feeders who hasn't even achieved seniority get picked. This job will put you in another tax bracket. A guy I still keep in touch with has made over 150k the last couple of years. The team splits the mileage evenly, paywise. Both drivers make the same $$$$.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
A senior guy bids the sleeper run, then he picks whoever he wants to be his co-driver. Might be another older driver, or I've even seen a brand new guy in feeders who hasn't even achieved seniority get picked. This job will put you in another tax bracket. A guy I still keep in touch with has made over 150k the last couple of years. The team splits the mileage evenly, paywise. Both drivers make the same $$$$.
And they tell us that when you are out there you ARE a gypo sleeper team....

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Sleepers have a 3 year progression. But the starting mileage rate hasn't changed since like 2002. It is another terrible hoffa concession

Also where is your run going from Rockford? Its an air hub.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
In my area drivers split miles not pay. A driver gets about $.82 cents a mile after his 3rd year and a newbie gets poked at $.39 cents for their first year with a little extra pay for pulling doubles (like $.017). Run 5k miles and you will be paid your rate for half of them, makes no difference if you drove less or more than that amount, it's split down the middle and you are paid your rate for 2500 miles.

You also get per diem paid at $.035 per mile for each driver, and TA time at your hourly rate while waiting on the yard, but you have to wait 2 hours before receiving pay on longest leg from your domicile...all other legs are paid from the moment you inbound. These numbers could be different in your area but are accurate in mine, I cover sleeper runs a occasionally.

I've met quite a few sleeper team drivers who have little or almost no full-time seniority. In some places it's tough to fill all the sleeper bids because drivers are happy making $100k working hourly and being home every day.

Last edited: