Slowing Down the pace

Rented Ammo

Sorry about not putting my post into paraagraphs. I was typing on n IPad and some of the words also weren't spelled right due to the iPad. I thank you all for your advice and time with this post. This is my first post and I'm glad to be a part of this community

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Sorry about not putting my post into paraagraphs. I was typing on n IPad and some of the words also weren't spelled right due to the iPad. I thank you all for your advice and time with this post. This is my first post and I'm glad to be a part of this community
Welcome to brown cafe, glad you're here. Try using the search button to look up topics that have discussed, you'll probably start to feel like these same people work in your hub.

I've been with the Company for 10 years. I've been driving for two. Ive always been a hard worker and brought that mindset into every situation in life weather that be work or wherever. When I first started and for the first year or so I scratched routes left and right thinking getting done the soonest was helping out the company and in return I'd gain respect and a nice reputation. Instead I just got more stops and more helping of other drivers. I've sinced learned that that was the wrong approach to going about it but it did get me my 30 days and now I'm locked in but I'm Worrired, very Worrired. I've slowed down considerably and being a cover driver filed for Excessive Overtime week after week for the last month. I've pouched out at 830 or later every night just about and management is fed up. So, I get called into the office yesterday to talk about my recent late punch outs and late ETAs. Manager starts off by saying You will be Fired! You will be ridden, you will be disciplined. Meanwhile I'm just sitting there smiling cuz it's just kind of funny how these prices of Crap try to intimidate people.

Someone should consider making a movie about it lol. Anyway he says you used to be a scratch driver, what happened? I said this and only this. "When the route, load/excessive condition, and traffic change drastically everyday it is impossible to produce consistent results". He looked back at me like I was crazy and said stop right there and continued on to talk about a particular day this week. He said it was dispatched at 7.2 hours and I should've been done at 5pm. In reality the first 90 of the 150 stops I'm out blind on but I realize they don't take that into consideration. I take lunch at 2-3pm everyday. I don't care if I have 10 stops done or where I am. So I get 90 stops done and go to luck from 2-3pm. My pickups started at 3:45 and end at 5:10 (time of last scheduled pickup) This is a split route with someone else's pickups btw. So he says why were your deliveries not done by the time you started your pickups? I said following the methods I was only able to get 90 done by 2pm and an additional 13 in those 45 mins before pickups. He says you should been back to the building by 5pm the latest. I said how is that possible when there is a 5:10pm pickup scheduled never mind 35+ stops left afterward in a town 4 miles away. He then stops me and says I'm issuing you a warning letter for failing to comply and retain a strong relationship with management and stealing time. I said the only number I care about is the number of accidents and injuries I get into everyday and that number is ZERO. He then says this and I quote. "I could care less about the Union and Saftey, I chew them up for Breakfast everyday and Spit them out" I said that doesn't sound right but ok. He says I will be ridden and will be fired.

My shop steward said he can't fire me but as a human being and a young person it does worry me a bit which p is why I've decided to post this. My question to my fellow teamsters is this. What action should I take against this *******. I've kept my cool in the office and never get mad or retaliate in an aggressive manner no matter what. Should I countine to file for excessive OT (I would file for 9.5 but I can't cuz I'm a aplit driver). Or what action if any should I take? Thanks guys any help or kind words is appreciated.

Recognize your center manager for what he truly is...a frightened, impotent little man WITH A LITTLE PEE PEE who is desperately trying to bully you into working off of the clock so that he will look a little bit better on some silly report.

Instead of getting mad at him, learn to feel pity for him and the miserable career he is clinging to.

Adopt the mentality that you can make him more miserable than he can make you. You can win any pissing match he chooses to enter into. You will still be there long after he has been transferred/ demoted/ fired/ gone out on "stress leave"/ whatever.

He sits behind his desk and does whst he does because he is incapable of doing what you do. He resorts to threats and intimidation because, unlike you, he has no job security and he must justify his pathetic existence at the UPS corpirate trough every day.

Pity him.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Recognize your center manager for what he truly is...a frightened, impotent little man who is desperately trying to bully you into working off of the clock so that he will look a little bit better on some silly report.

Instead of getting mad at him, learn to feel pity for him and the miserable career he is clinging to.

Adopt the mentality that you can make him more miserable than he can make you. You can win any pissing match he chooses to enter into. You will still be there long after he has been transferred/ demoted/ fired/ gone out on "stress leave"/ whatever.

He sits behind his desk and does whst he does because he is incapable of doing what you do. He resorts to threats and intimidation because, unlike you, he has no job security and he must justify his pathetic existence at the UPS corpirate trough every day.

Pity him.

I can't wait to read your first book.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I can't wait to read your first book.

I will take that as a compliment even though my gut tells me there is some level of sarcasm in there also.

All I can say is that, in my 25 years at UPS, I have at times had the displeasure of working for people like the center manager that the OP described.

It is easy to resent people like that. Problem is, resentment is a toxic emotion to carry around. Resenting someone is like drinking poison and waiting for them to die.

My method for coping with people like the bullying center manager described in the OP is to turn my resentment into pity. I recognize why they do what they do, and instead of getting pissed about it I try to instead feel gratitude for the fact that I am not in their shoes.

Getting rid of resentments ASAP is what keeps me sane and happy, both in life and at UPS.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I will take that as a compliment even though my gut tells me there is some level of sarcasm in there also.

All I can say is that, in my 25 years at UPS, I have at times had the displeasure of working for people like the center manager that the OP described.

It is easy to resent people like that. Problem is, resentment is a toxic emotion to carry around. Resenting someone is like drinking poison and waiting for them to die.

My method for coping with people like the bullying center manager described in the OP is to turn my resentment into pity. I recognize why they do what they do, and instead of getting pissed about it I try to instead feel gratitude for the fact that I am not in their shoes.

Getting rid of resentments ASAP is what keeps me sane and happy, both in life and at UPS.

That appears to be a good coping mechanism ... similar to what I use. Not much bothers me.

I'd give your book a read.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
STICK 2 YOUR GUNS. FIGHT WITH PURPOSE and be agressive as they will b against u!!!!!!

The only #'s you need 2 worry about is:

how many days without accident, injury.

how many methodes did I follow 2day

how many hrs during your weekend and free time do you get with family , friends, hobby.(whatever your personal life might b)

And how many yrs. 2 go b4 retirement.

These R the #'s u need2 B concerned with.

I applaud u & wish u was in my center!!!

I used 2 brag about scratch and minus. Now I'm ashamed!!

signed, The X-idiot

should change my name 2 that

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
We need 2 stop giving 5's 2 the drivers in our hubs that cook up a rt. and start pointing them out!!!!!!

Question the #'s 2 the managers.

Try 2 find other co-workers around u that actually give acrap about safety and fair days work and stand up 4 IT!!!!!

Get all the support that U can!!!!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We need 2 stop giving 5's 2 the drivers in our hubs that cook up a rt. and start pointing them out!!!!!!

Try 2 find other co-workers around u that actually give acrap about safety and fair days work and stand up 4 IT!!!!!

I've never seen anyone so actively attacking over-achievers than you, except Obama.
Can we safely assume you will vote for him?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

The only thing that needs to be attacked is a poster that posts like a 7th grader trying to text their buddies about the sleepover !!!!!!!!

Put your grownup pants on ! Print intelligently and you might be considered like you have a point ! Don't post like this unless you texting or on Twitter !!!!

I honestly have no idea what you are talkin about !