Smartwatch?

xtelevisionset

Do you guys ever use gps or just hate fumbling around with your phone to check notifications, weather updates, or contact family members or friends throughout the day?

I've been in the market for a smartwatch and was looking to buying the LG G watch R to fill the role.

Anybody else looking for a smartwatch or think they would benefit from using one at work?

What are your thoughts on this latest development in technology?

dan

Do you guys ever use gps or just hate fumbling around with your phone to check notifications, weather updates, or contact family members or friends throughout the day?

I've been in the market for a smartwatch and was looking to buying the LG G watch R to fill the role.

Anybody else looking for a smartwatch or think they would benefit from using one at work?

What are your thoughts on this latest development in technology?
our hub does not allow any cell phones though only drivers and permanent employees and mgmt.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Those are expensive toys to get messed up at work. I stopped wearing a watch after we got diad because, even though I got cheapie watches, I got tired of them getting trashed at work.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
These are not new. Dick Tracy had one 80 years ago.

upload_2014-12-4_7-8-30.jpeg

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I was looking at them however, after researching them for a bit I think I will hold off until the technology is past it's buggy clunky phase. As of right now I'm not impressed. Sort of like the first few smart phones, they were neat but man did they end up sucking, always had problems with them, however as years went on they started to perfect them, so I am going to wait on a good watch this time around.

rod

Retired 22 years
My sun dial and smoke signals work great for me. Actually I never wore a watch and still don't to this day. I don't understand this fascination everyone has now in staying "connected'. I don't care what you had for lunch or that you have to take a dump.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I have the Moto 360 and I love it. But I won't wear it to work. It's going to break the moment I walk into the building.

S

selfcancelsignal

a smart watch that requires a smart phone nearby to work is almost useless.
Yep. Useless. You have a DIAD, you have a smart or flip phone. A lot of you have radios with clocks on them. Why TF do you need a smartwatch? Ooo, I wanna keep track of my fitness. No! You can do that with a lotta smartphones too. If you have a flip phone, you just know you're already in good shape while doing this job & don't give 2 friend---s.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
a smart watch that requires a smart phone nearby to work is almost useless.
I wouldn't say useless but if it had a very long range to communicate with the phone, it wouldn't be too bad. Kinda like if you get too far from your phone your Bluetooth headphones or earpiece will cut off or break up. If they could have a long range, it would work good.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I was looking at them however, after researching them for a bit I think I will hold off until the technology is past it's buggy clunky phase. As of right now I'm not impressed. Sort of like the first few smart phones, they were neat but man did they end up sucking, always had problems with them, however as years went on they started to perfect them, so I am going to wait on a good watch this time around.
Totally agree dude, im thinking the same thing GG.