smoke breaks

sx2700

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by sx2700
To annoy you?

It's a reason, but not a good one.

Okay.....how about this? At 5 bucks a pack, to make ridiculous profits for cigarette companies and state governments. I smoked for over 20 years and quit cold turkey when they went up by $1.50 a pack overnight.

UPS Lifer

Years ago before they banned smoking in the offices - we would have to go outside to get a breath of fresh air. When you opened the doors up, clouds of smoke would billow out of the office. There could be as many as 5 people smoking in a 10X12 office!!!
:cigarsmoker:

Pasadena CA was one of the first cities to ban smoking inside IF another employee complained. We had a cashier that would complain in the outer office. I had to give her a fan and keep her area smoke free! I quit back in '93, best thing I ever did for my health!

rod

Retired 22 years
When both my kids were born in the early 70's my wife shared a smoking room in the maternity ward with 3 other women.We also had a drivers sort at my center and were allowed to smoke while sorting. Smoking on airplanes was allowed also and we smoked in the movie theater. We were some smoking fools I tell ya. P.S. Both my kids turned out fine even though they grew up in the smoking, drinking, no seatbelt, stick a kife in the electric plugin age. Now my Grandson-- he may as well live in a sterile bubble-- poor kid.:peaceful: My wife and I both quit smoking years ago