Smokin' Gun Joe gets POTUS pardon

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I drove by Tent City a half a dozen times while visiting Arizona and just looking at the inmates through all the barbed wire fences should have been enough to make anyone walk a straight path.
cuckservatives don't like discipline or tough!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Therr are a few problems with this pardon, hence the stink.

Generally pardons are given at the end of a Presidents tenure, so this an anomaly, but who cares - that's irrelevant.

What is relevant, and why there's a stink, is that this particular pardon is a big FU to the Constitution.

Trumps pardon of Arpaio is problematic in the sense that it drop-kicks the separation of powers inherent in our governmental system.

Sure, sure, a sitting President can pardon anyone he or she wants, and there doesn't seem to be a proscribed limit to that power.

But, forget Trump and Arpaio for a second.

This sets a precedent in which someone who violated the law, violated the Constitution, was then found guilty, gets a free pass for simple political reasons.

Again, forget Trump: if this flies, any future President could say, 'Hey, I know it's unconstitutional and illegal, but do it anyway, I'll pardon you'.

The powers of government are separated for a reason, but Trump's pardon of Arpaio is an end-run around that separation.

If something occurs, and a citizens only redress is through the courts, but the Prez says, 'Wrong!', and pardons anyone who does his bidding or is politically aligned or is a friend, then we're hitting a Banana Republic style of government.

You may personally like Arpaio, and have no problems with his pardon, but there's always a next time, with a different President.
You're gonna need to cut that down to 140 characters or less for the trump cuckservatives.

rod

Retired 22 years
most spoiled gen.-------we earned/fought for everything we got. We aren't the ones giving it all back again.
mocking others----------that ain't mocking---that's telling it like it is. (the truth can hurt)
obstructing progress? ---you are the idiots standing in the middle of a fricken freeway blocking traffic and then
crying when one of you tards gets ran over.

I see the 3 Amigos disagreed with me. :rolleyes: Larry, Moe and Curly at it again.