Smoking hot

UPS Lifer

unless the master or your supplement agreement says otherwise, then local,state, federal laws usually prevail. If it is legal to smoke while driving, then you should be able to light up. We have the same arguments here about cell phones. They try to make us quit but it is legal in our state, so no discipline.

I am pretty sure that local, state and federal laws supersede contract language.

i am from Arizona - i don't smoke but I thought that Arizona instituted a new law of no smoking in vehicles. I know that a couple of states have laws that do not allow you to smoke in the car if children are present.

Because I don't smoke I did not pay close attention. Call the Arizona DPS or visit the website. It may have the info posted.

Also - You should find out through your District Safety department what the rules are. If your district has a rule of smoking in a vehicle while driving or on work time, you may find yourself in for a fight especially if there is documentation that you have been notified. I am assuming that the safety ride checklist would show what your supervisor put in the comments section.

Remember Arizona law will take precedent so check that out first.

UPS Lifer

thilly gooth------of course

I was curious about Arizona law so I went to ADOT and didn't find anything. I typed in Google - Arizona Law for smoking and this I was able to get all the non-smoking regulations.

There is no smoking in business vehicles. Some cities have "if more than one person is in vehicle".

Here is the link:

https://web.archive.org/web/2010080.../Smokefree AZ Enforcement Matrix April 07.pdf

My guess is that Arizona District will have a blanket rule for the whole district that states no smoking in vehicles (based on AZ law).

I also noticed that the business is required to put no smoking stickers in the vehicle. Not sure how this applies if the vehicles are not registered in the state??? I wouldn't push the issue until you find out how it relates to interstate business vehicles (like UPS).

rod

Retired 22 years
cigarette2.jpg

COUGH COUGH!!
Brings back memories of the punishment I got the first time my Dad caught me smoking

moodaddy247

I can't drive 55
Aw man, when I saw "Smoking hot", I thought this thread was gonna be about smoking hot women that you see everyday on your route or something like that. I'm disappointed.
Get your HEAD outta the gutter!!!!

.......Check local listings...... Depending on where you find yourself at, It is legal or illegal to smoke in / out on /off property.... In Sharonville, Oh (nr Cincinnati) , employees who smoke must exit the "fenced" area of the hub to the parking lot and 'light up' in a designated area... We're not supposed to smoke on prop. or in our trucks...but everyone does. LOL; hell, they tried makin us put '2008 shaoh' stickers on our cell phones b/c one of the loaders was stealin' blackberry's and sellin 'em on the street... 'course they said the 'cell phone police' would be checkin for stickers, but I haven't seen of it yet..
.......Hey , Whats up w/ not being able to have "bluetooth" accessories 'on' while in the hub? Some sup told me some goofball answer like it messes with the DIAD system.... Surely this info is :poop::poop::poop::poop:'Horsefeathers!!!' Any takers??

over9five

Staff member
Re: they're watching!!!!

Funny....they JUST posted a letter that says smoking in ALL UPS vehicles is prohibited.

Are they reading this thread????