Snow Days

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
We had a snowy week here a couple weeks ago and they were telling us to help process everything in the building and get the yard cleaned up to get our guarantee, reasonable. Most of us went out did the safe stops ec’d the rest and went home. What bothered me about the whole thing was that while they only put 20 or so routes out (compared to 50+ on a normal day) they absolutely packed the trucks, I was climbing over ecd pkgs to get to stuff I could actually do. The truck was a :censored2: show when I got back, spent 20 minutes separating everything. Snow sucks as* at this job

Indecisi0n

We had a snowy week here a couple weeks ago and they were telling us to help process everything in the building and get the yard cleaned up to get our guarantee, reasonable. Most of us went out did the safe stops ec’d the rest and went home. What bothered me about the whole thing was that while they only put 20 or so routes out (compared to 50+ on a normal day) they absolutely packed the trucks, I was climbing over ecd pkgs to get to stuff I could actually do. The truck was a :censored2: show when I got back, spent 20 minutes separating everything. Snow sucks as* at this job
They honestly couldn't get out of their own way if they tried.

rod

Retired 22 years
From what I read on here at the first sign of a snowflake half the pusillanimous drivers take the day off.

Last edited:

Utility81

Does UPS ever do snow days?
We're getting some tonight and I'm hoping I don't have to go to work.
We had a driver a couple years ago say he was stuck and couldn’t get out of his driveway. Manager, said no problem. Sent an Uber to pick him up on the company dime.
Doubt he got a free ride home though.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
We had a driver a couple years ago say he was stuck and couldn’t get out of his driveway. Manager, said no problem. Sent an Uber to pick him up on the company dime.
Doubt he got a free ride home though.
That’s happened here recently....psychos. All that to get maybe 30 stops off and ec the rest

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I’m just wondering, If you were one of the lucky ones to make it to your building, and 80% of the others couldn’t. Then they close the roads inbound, all but closing your facility, would pay be guaranteed? Maybe only if you stay the entire duration?

I’m just thinking of situations where they’d send you home and still have to pay you.
Its very simple. if you report to work, your guaranteed 8 hours.

If you don’t report to work, your not guaranteed 8 hours.

ManInBrown

They closed one time when I was in package. Funniest sheet you’ll ever hear. We were forecast to get 18 inches. Stewie texts everyone about 8pm. Do not report to work tomorrow. We are closed. We did not get one flake of snow. Lol

Utility81

They do have snow days, the snow chains for your tires are for when it hits 96 degrees and above.
Just wrote my truck up for having bad rear tires(they look about bald). Mechanic responded with(you have 6-8/32 left on them, sorry can’t replace yet, will keep an eye on them). Thanks for being apologetic and all but I know what 1/32 looks like. Supposed to snow tonight. Hope I get stuck tomorrow.

rod

Retired 22 years
Just wrote my truck up for having bad rear tires(they look about bald). Mechanic responded with(you have 6-8/32 left on them, sorry can’t replace yet, will keep an eye on them). Thanks for being apologetic and all but I know what 1/32 looks like. Supposed to snow tonight. Hope I get stuck tomorrow.
Our mech use to put new retreads on every fall and run the bald stuff in the summer

Utility81

Our mech use to put new retreads on every fall and run the bald stuff in the summer
On my previous PC(a hybrid) I wrote a front tire up because it had sidewall damage. It got replaced with some decrepit old tire that they probably found in the yard on something that had been sitting. I think it was one of those end of the quarter moves when they don’t want you to wash your truck either.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Write that up in early fall. Wtf is wrong with you?

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

The only time we get snow days is if they shut down the roads. A few years ago I was on my way to a rural route and the highway got shut down. I drove back to the center, emergency conditioned the whole route, and went home. It was the best working day I've had so far.
Couple years back turned around at 1pm and got stuck on the highway until midnight. From where I was it normally would have been a 20 minute drive back to the building. National guard was out pushing cars into ditches with APCs, was able to walk off the highway and go to a McDonald’s without having to worry about traffic moving. Very good paycheck.