Snow Days

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Does UPS ever do snow days?
We're getting some tonight and I'm hoping I don't have to go to work.
I was told in the 30 years our building was open it shut down only twice. I was there for one of them when I worked in unload. Lost power in a bad rain storm they tried keeping us occupied with busy work, manually walking packages around the building instead of the conveyors, sweeping etc. By 10pm I had enough and tried leaving and said I would be disciplined if I left property. That changed when like 30 people walked out at the same time. Some guys stayed until 5 in the morning after they got power back on, they even tried calling me to come in and work the morning shift.

oldupsman

Just wrote my truck up for having bad rear tires(they look about bald). Mechanic responded with(you have 6-8/32 left on them, sorry can’t replace yet, will keep an eye on them). Thanks for being apologetic and all but I know what 1/32 looks like. Supposed to snow tonight. Hope I get stuck tomorrow.
Write that up in early fall. Wtf is wrong with you?

I used to write my tires up every year usually around late October. Then they would get put on
by mid November.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Our mech use to put new retreads on every fall and run the bald stuff in the summer
Can u mix a fairly new tire of a dually rear with an almost bald inner tire? My reasoning is the inner tire is just there for the weight capacity...

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
As a swing/cover driver many years ago, Upon pre trip with some of the FXG smelter bait step vans, I'll notice some drivers who didn't give a friend were running with flat inner rear tires on a dually, LoL

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
As a swing/cover driver many years ago, Upon pre trip with some of the FXG smelter bait step vans, I'll notice some drivers who didn't give a friend were running with flat inner rear tires on a dually, LoL
That’s fine til you have to get turned around in soft dirt, and you drag a huge chunk out of an otherwise harmless driveway cause the tires won’t roll. Happened to me once and I don’t friend with tires ever since, I cover a bunch of routes and I’ll write that sh** up and text the driver every time

rod

Retired 22 years
On my previous PC(a hybrid) I wrote a front tire up because it had sidewall damage. It got replaced with some decrepit old tire that they probably found in the yard on something that had been sitting. I think it was one of those end of the quarter moves when they don’t want you to wash your truck either.
If worse comes to worse ask a friendly cop to write you a fix it ticket. I did that a couple times and it gets action.
Can u mix a fairly new tire of a dually rear with an almost bald inner tire? My reasoning is the inner tire is just there for the weight capacity...
yes you could—but why?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
i had a 40 mile commute on the I-80 and when they closed that down .used to go 85 miles around on a couple other secondary roads to get to work. Then in feeder we would run HWY 70 which was almost an extra 100 miles to Sacramento from Reno.

never had a day off due to weather. LOL.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Just wrote my truck up for having bad rear tires(they look about bald). Mechanic responded with(you have 6-8/32 left on them, sorry can’t replace yet, will keep an eye on them). Thanks for being apologetic and all but I know what 1/32 looks like. Supposed to snow tonight. Hope I get stuck tomorrow.
In that case you don't go out if you feel you have unsafe equipment.

geesus

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
In that case you don't go out if you feel you have unsafe equipment.

geesus
440DC91F-304A-453B-98CC-967AA910E6CC.gif

pkgdriver

That’s my thing. I don’t want one blowing out on the highway, freaking me out and causing an accident. Also, I work in the hood. When I drive over a plastic bottle I touch my chest and stomach to make sure I’m not bleeding. A tire blowout might send me to the grave.
Have had 3 rear tire separations on the Interstate in a P1000. A bit loud but not as bad as a backfire IMO.