So at some Hubs you get a raise and have to pass a test to sort?

BrownTruckWannabe

At my hub it's just one of the many places they will put you starting out. No test. No extra dollar. Why does it deserve an extra dollar anyway? It's just matching colors. The fact it requires a test seems insulting.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
At my hub it's just one of the many places they will put you starting out. No test. No extra dollar. Why does it deserve an extra dollar anyway? It's just matching colors. The fact it requires a test seems insulting.

You are not a sorter...you are a person whose job has been made easier because too many people couldn't do the actual job of sorting.

When. I sorted I had to know all zip codes for all service levels. Some we're easy because entire states would go to one belt for ground. Say IN and IL ground and 3 day we're red belt but air and 2 day we're blue belt.

Other states we're much harder to remember because they would have splits going to multiple belts and service level was different for each split. All of this at 1200+ an hour with unloaders too lazy to give you labels or remove irregs and open boxes half the time.

When I started sorting I was told it was the most secure job in the building. One bad sorter could stop multiple belts and make a sort late to go down....we could call out as much as we wanted but no one ever got fired because most supervisors couldn't do the job and it took a long time for most new people to become proficient. When I became a TCD they used to beg me to sort twilight after running package all day...they couldn't get good sorters fast enough.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
You are not a sorter...you are a person whose job has been made easier because too many people couldn't do the actual job of sorting.

When. I sorted I had to know all zip codes for all service levels. Some we're easy because entire states would go to one belt for ground. Say IN and IL ground and 3 day we're red belt but air and 2 day we're blue belt.

Other states we're much harder to remember because they would have splits going to multiple belts and service level was different for each split. All of this at 1200+ an hour with unloaders too lazy to give you labels or remove irregs and open boxes half the time.

When I started sorting I was told it was the most secure job in the building. One bad sorter could stop multiple belts and make a sort late to go down....we could call out as much as we wanted but no one ever got fired because most supervisors couldn't do the job and it took a long time for most new people to become proficient. When I became a TCD they used to beg me to sort twilight after running package all day...they couldn't get good sorters fast enough.

Purple Lamborghini. Purple Lamborghini lurkin

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You will take what we give you and like it!

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
It is a “skilled” position here, hence the dollar raise. Requires like 13 separate tests that you do on your own time if I remember correctly. Not sure if that’s by the book but thats what a sorter told me he had to do about a year ago.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I passed my sort test by guessing...didn't study a bit...then they had me sort for like 2 hours and I had no clue what I was doing...kept my raise and they moved me back to where I was before...roll tide baby

BrownTruckWannabe

Dollar doesn't seem like enough if it's like that. Makes sense then. All the sorters do at my hub is match the color on the label the scanner sticks on there with the color of the belt and they still get backed up when I'm unloading sometimes. And I don't send up retapes or irregs.

box-man

It is a “skilled” position here, hence the dollar raise. Requires like 13 separate tests that you do on your own time if I remember correctly. Not sure if that’s by the book but thats what a sorter told me he had to do about a year ago.
Yeah, same here except I just take one really easy test on the computer once a month.