So did I do the right thing?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
The restraining straps are installed on the 4000 shelf. One side of the strap is riveted to the shelf and there is a hole in the shelf to accept the hook. The hand cart does stay in place but tends to roll back and forth. I still place it on the floor behind the jump seat when that space is open.

It will pitch back and forth under he shelf if nothing is there. Most guys in our center put a tote there. One because it keeps the cart from doing that and its a great place to throw trash.

You did a great job Sober IMO. Way to adjust to changing conditions and get it done. If you would have had a supervisor with you, Im sure they would have told you to do the same thing.

We don't have the hand cart straps either. I just bungee mine to the little wire storage cages in the back behind the drivers seat. No need to buy a bungee, I see them all the time lying on the street. Just pick one up when I can.

It makes sense to have straps for the carts, those things roll all over the place, even when you lay them upside down over a wheel well. I hate that scraping noise they make. They are a saftey hazard for both packages and drivers alike when loose.

Steve, you might ask your mechanics about ordering you a strap or the eye bolts like Scratch mentioned.

OUr mechanics have bungees that they will give to anyone for anything job related. Perhaps you should check and see.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The restraining straps are installed on the 4000 shelf. One side of the strap is riveted to the shelf and there is a hole in the shelf to accept the hook. The hand cart does stay in place but tends to roll back and forth. I still place it on the floor behind the jump seat when that space is open.

I do this but some of the trucks have a small lip in the floor at the back door. I will keep my hand truck back there if there is floor space. It keeps the hand truck from moving around at the front of the truck where I am working all day.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Hey Dilli,
You are a very interesting person and I love reading your posts. I just noticed your profile says :" In Vino Veritas". Does that translate to "In Wine there is Truth"? I know I'm probaby wrong but could you please enlighten me? Thank you in advance!

Browniehound:peaceful:
That is indeed exactly what it means. I have to give credit to AJ for the idea. AJ and I both love the movie Tombstone. "In Vino Veritas" is part of the Latin exchange of words between a drunken Doc Holliday (Val Kilmer) and Johnny Ringo (Micheal Biehn) in the 1993 movie "Tombstone".

Last edited:

Omega man

I would have been perfectly within my rights to play the "safety card" and sabotage the whole day by refusing to operate the vehicle or insisting on working out of the back door. This would have created a multitude of service failures on a day when the center was already maxed out. I chose instead to find a way to get the work done. Was I right or wrong to do this?

Your manager will thank you for your efforts this day by giving you a warning letter the next time you are observed doing something petty like not having your hands at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel.

browniehound

That is indeed exactly what it means. I have to give credit to AJ for the idea. AJ and I both love the movie Tombstone. "In Vino Veritas" is part of the Latin exchange of words between a drunken Doc Holliday (Val Kilmer) and Johnny Ringo (Micheal Biehn) in the 1993 movie "Tombstone".

Thank you for the reply "Dilligaf"! Like I said, I look forward to openening posts that you write as I know there is always something interesting to be read. Its people like you that keep my coming back to Brown Cafe on a regular basis. So please let ME know if there is anythinf to keep you interested and coming back

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Thank you for the reply "Dilligaf"! Like I said, I look forward to openening posts that you write as I know there is always something interesting to be read. Its people like you that keep my coming back to Brown Cafe on a regular basis. So please let ME know if there is anythinf to keep you interested and coming back

Thanks Brownie. I enjoy reading your posts as well. No need to be so formal, Dilli will suffice. :happy-very: