So I asked...."the 22.4's are doing the same job as me for less pay?"

Hroller

At our "presentation" this past weekend, I stated that the new classification of driver is doing the same job I do....but for $6 less?

Union guy responds...."yes, that is correct"

Me: "how does this help me eliminate my 10 hour days?"

Union guy: "you won't have to work Saturdays"

Me: "so this cut-rate driver will work Saturday, delivering my Monday packages?"

Union guy: "could happen, but probably won't"

Me: "How do you know? Then I'll be laid off on Monday?"

Union guy: "if you're laidd off on Monday.....you can bump the 22.4 driver on Saturday and get your full five days"

He said this all with a straight face.

542thruNthru

At our "presentation" this past weekend, I stated that the new classification of driver is doing the same job I do....but for $6 less?

Me: "so this cut-rate driver will work Saturday, delivering my Monday packages?"

Union guy: "if you're laidd off on Monday.....you can bump the 22.4 driver on Saturday and get your full five days"

Did you ask him to provide you with the language that says you can bump a 22.4 on Saturday to get your hours?

PT Car Washer

No porters here.
No Porters? Porters are the highest echelon of Union classification in my building 35 years seniority before you can even dream about bidding a job and that is only if you are there at the right time. Most are 60 to 70+years old and the jobs only turn over every 5 to 10 years. Sort of like being on the US Supreme Court.

Grey

Everyone talks about Monday and Tuesday being tricky but what happens on Wed-Fri when RPCD’s and 22.4’s all want to work and are guaranteed 8 hours?

Slug Life

When do we eat?

friend@ck me. I would have asked him to step inside my office.