So I was told we're getting a check!?

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
I'm a loader and a backup pickoff. I've been with the company for 5 years. You guys act like I should know the ins and outs of UPS.
What local are you part of? You will get .70 cents into every hour you've worked since August 1st 2013.

The sad part of this is that instead of these guys educating you they are mocking you. But your lack of education on this matter has to do more with the weak leadership of your local and your stewards.

UPSjacks84

Local 100 and thank you! Also will the added pay be added on to my yearly earnings on my paycheck because if I don't make 5K this year my wife will be PISSED.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
imagesCJAED931.jpg
Can't wait to get my retro stocks !

Sent using BrownCafe App
Ill next day ya a pair of my favorites lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
What local are you part of? You will get .70 cents into every hour you've worked since August 1st 2013.

The sad part of this is that instead of these guys educating you they are mocking you. But your lack of education on this matter has to do more with the weak leadership of your local and your stewards.
Hes in the local DUNNO. He dunno whats going on lol.

jaker

trolling
Local 100 and thank you! Also will the added pay be added on to my yearly earnings on my paycheck because if I don't make 5K this year my wife will be PISSED.
Oh this has to be a joke , even PTs make more then 5k and if your wife would be happy if you made more then 5k , then man I want your wife

Ant12

I was hired seasonal This November and I worked about 150 hours. I got rehired January 16th and I have worked like 300 hours since then. I'm under the new contract, and I've been getting paid 8.50$. Does this mean I get 1.50$ for every hour worked? Also, would my seasonal time count toward the check too?

Quigley

At what point in your life do start taking responsibilty for your self? Its not the stewards job to treat union members like kindargarten kids. These is absolutely no excuse for working for a company for 5 years and not know there is a contract and a union. This is why there is only a 30% turnout for elections. Yet there are the first to bitch and moan when sometjing doesnt go their way.

Inthegame

What local are you part of?

But your lack of education on this matter has to do more with the weak leadership of your local and your stewards.
And here I thought L100 was led by reformers that voted No and hate Hoffa. Sam may need another Facebook page...

UPSjacks84

At what point in your life do start taking responsibilty for your self? Its not the stewards job to treat union members like kindargarten kids. These is absolutely no excuse for working for a company for 5 years and not know there is a contract and a union. This is why there is only a 30% turnout for elections. Yet there are the first to bitch and moan when sometjing doesnt go their way.

I'm not complaining about anything. Just trying to get the facts.

Quigley

I'm not complaining about anything. Just trying to get the facts.
Do yourself a favor, ask your steward for a contract book and do a little reading. Not only will you not sound un-educated when you post, but it will keep management from taking advantage of you. Just my opinion.

jaker

trolling
Do yourself a favor, ask your steward for a contract book and do a little reading. Not only will you not sound un-educated when you post, but it will keep management from taking advantage of you. Just my opinion.
5 years and he has no clue about the union , sups have used him so much that nobody wants to touch him anymore

Last edited:

Quigley

Will they have the new contract books or the old one?
New ones wont be out for a while, but the old ones are still good for most things since overall most stuff stayed the same. I think the new contract is posted here somewhere with the new changes.

UPSjacks84

Thanks to the people who actually were concerned enough to give me actual answers to help me learn. Believe it or not I do ask some questions at work, but no one seems to know anything about anything. I thought this forum would be a good place to ask questions because I figured if you're dedicated enough to post on a forum about your work then you probably are going to know more than your average UPSer. Sorry if I came off as dumb or stupid, I'd love to learn as much about the union and how to do things the correct way but I'm not sure if this forum is he right place after the bashing I've taken.

jaker

trolling
Thanks to the people who actually were concerned enough to give me actual answers to help me learn. Believe it or not I do ask some questions at work, but no one seems to know anything about anything. I thought this forum would be a good place to ask questions because I figured if you're dedicated enough to post on a forum about your work then you probably are going to know more than your average UPSer. Sorry if I came off as dumb or stupid, I'd love to learn as much about the union and how to do things the correct way but I'm not sure if this forum is he right place after the bashing I've taken.
So what you are saying is that nobody in your hub knows anything , not even your steward or drivers or someone who can point you to the one who knows something