So I was told we're getting a check!?

Quigley

Most of the questions you may have are already posted somewhere on this forum. Let me suggest to you that you do a seach before you post. Its probably already been answered. Dont let the bashing get to you everybody gets it at one time or another. Save this somewhere and 20 years from now look at it and I bet you laugh at yourself.

UPSjacks84

I don't see many drivers and our steward
Most of the questions you may have are already posted somewhere on this forum. Let me suggest to you that you do a seach before you post. Its probably already been answered. Dont let the bashing get to you everybody gets it at one time or another. Save this somewhere and 20 years from now look at it and I bet you laugh at yourself.

You know, I bet it does get frustrating at times answering the same questions over and over an over again but I'm going to school full time and trying to work this job and sometimes I need answers quick so instead of scrolling through the whole forum looking for the answer I thought I could just ask real quick.

UPSjacks84

So what you are saying is that nobody in your hub knows anything , not even your steward or drivers or someone who can point you to the one who knows something

Our steward doesn't care or enforce anything. He's too busy trying to be buddy buddy with all the supervisors and bosses. He picks strong side and has a part time sup picking the weakside right in front of him 65% of the day. You'd think they're old college buddies by the way that act.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
This job is all about playing HOLLYWOOD all the time amigo. You learn the characters, who to push and who to kiss up too. Its all a game all the time dude. Live it, learn it, like it and youll be fine here at UNITED PARCEL SLAVES LOL.

UPSjacks84

This job is all about playing HOLLYWOOD all the time amigo. You learn the characters, who to push and who to kiss up too. Its all a game all the time dude. Live it, learn it, like it and youll be fine here at UNITED PARCEL SLAVES LOL.

Ya know.. it's comments like that, that just rub me the wrong way. UPS is one of the best companies in the entire world. No one holds a gun to our heads saying we have to work at UPS. Anyone can walk right out the door whenever they so please. The work can be difficult but the bennies are nice (at least they were, we'll see what happens with Teamcare) and if you're able t get on full time then you make an extremely competitive wage. This is a really good place to work. Is everything perfect? No. Will you always be treated the way you feel like you should? No. It has its flaws but at the end of the day we all CHOOSE to work here.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The job sucks dude but the pay doesn't. Enough said right? We all drink out of that same DIRTY BROWN CUP brotherman. It is what is ya know. Once you been doing this for a while you get used to all the bs games. Life goes on.

Quigley

Our steward doesn't care or enforce anything. He's too busy trying to be buddy buddy with all the supervisors and bosses. He picks strong side and has a part time sup picking the weakside right in front of him 65% of the day. You'd think they're old college buddies by the way that act.
Talk to your BA. He can appoint a new steward if the present one isnt doing his job.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Am I getting a check or not? I've worked almost 300 hours since August and after taxes I'm hoping to get at least 150 dollars.
Hold on dude, 300 hours from August till now? I'm a PTer too...I have (with vacation, paid days and holidays) over 700 hours since last August. Do you go home 3x a week? lol

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Local 100 and thank you! Also will the added pay be added on to my yearly earnings on my paycheck because if I don't make 5K this year my wife will be PISSED.
PTer's can make about 10k their first year at ups. If you've been here 5 years and can't clear 5 grand a year.....you're doing something wrong!

AndUPSER

Local 100 also and I can say that if it wasn't for Brown Cafe and my Dad, a driver, I would have no clue that the contract wasn't settled and we are receiving back pay. No information for PTers at all. They could at least put up a note at the union board.

Also I'm kind of shocked by the hours. Probably not in the same building, but I have at least 1,000 hours, most likely more, since last August.

Nimnim

The Nim
And people wonder why the percentage of people who vote are low. . .

040.gif

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Hold on dude, 300 hours from August till now? I'm a PTer too...I have (with vacation, paid days and holidays) over 700 hours since last August. Do you go home 3x a week? lol
I totally agree with this... 300 hours?!!!! Seriously?

Since August, I'm at almost 800 regular hours, 100 hours overtime, and over 25 hours of double time. Just goes to show, depending on where you live, it's a totally different job.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ya know.. it's comments like that, that just rub me the wrong way. UPS is one of the best companies in the entire world. No one holds a gun to our heads saying we have to work at UPS. Anyone can walk right out the door whenever they so please. The work can be difficult but the bennies are nice (at least they were, we'll see what happens with Teamcare) and if you're able t get on full time then you make an extremely competitive wage. This is a really good place to work. Is everything perfect? No. Will you always be treated the way you feel like you should? No. It has its flaws but at the end of the day we all CHOOSE to work here.

UPSJacks, don't worry about this fool. He is an idiot who is unable to interact with others in an adult manner.

Yes, you will get a retro check. Yes, there will be new contract books---these will take a while to be printed and distributed to the centers/hubs.

You have been here for 5 years and really should know more about the union at this point of your career.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
or since he knows how to start threads and post, he can read the wealth of views and issues that Browncafe.com has. I've learned more about my company reading this website in my spare time than my hours punched in on the clock.

He's a troll trying to get a rise.