So I was walked out of the building today..

UPSjacks84

Hey all, I discovered this message board when I was trying to google something about UPS a few months ago and I have read on and off since. I think this is the best place to get information about UPS even better than some of the local hubs.

With that said, I was fired today. I have worked at UPS for alomost three years and I load most days and am a backup pickoff. I have a really good working realtionship with my female supervisor but today when I was walking from one load to another I playfully mooned my supervisor and right when I did that our buliding manager walked through the door to the up stairs offices and saw me. I immediately pulled my pants up and my boss said come with me, didn't say one word to me about the mooning, he had me sit in his office for a couple minutes as he got our union steward and my boss informed me that I was being terminated for sexual harrasment and I was walked out of the building. After I was walked out my steward told me about what I needed to do next in order to get my job back and after that I was like be honest with me do you think I'll get my job back and he said he didn't know for sure as he's never dealt with a case like this and usally the only way to truly get fired is to steal or put your hands on someone but he wouldn't be shocked if this firing was upheld. What do you guys think will happen?

undies

Wow. Big mistake dude. Just play dumb and keep your story straight. It was a very poor choice on your part and you had no bad intentions. Make sure you emphasize how stupid you were.

UPSjacks84

I'll just let the process pan out. I was kinda caught with my pants down here I guess. I'm just gonna be honest and say I had a horrible lack of judgement and there is a decent chance I probably wont do anything like this again.

You accidentally hooked your belt loop on something and it tugged your pants down. You were merely attempting to pull them back up and readjust them. Give that excuse a shot.

Other than that, :censored2: move.

S

serenity now

to the op: clarification please........are you talking about pants down/boxers up or a bare ass mooning?

Nimnim

The Nim
The odds are certainly not in your favor. When fighting it, tell the truth, don't try to come up with any story. Certainly admit your mistake and apologize and pledge that it'll never happen again. If you get your job back this will follow you and even the slightest transgression that would fall under sexual harassment will most likely end your time at UPS then instead of now.

You made a really stupid mistake, and I'm sure you know it, and if things don't work in your favor this is a lesson you won't forget.

beentheredonethat

I'll just let the process pan out. I was kinda caught with my pants down here I guess. I'm just gonna be honest and say I had a horrible lack of judgement and there is a decent chance I probably wont do anything like this again.
So you are worried you have permanently lot your job, and there is ONLY " a decent chance i probably won't do anything like this again" It's hard to know for sure, but I think that statement, may be dumber then the original incident. I doubt you'll get your job back, but a male hourly mooning a female supv is not just cause for termination, but for jail. (It she were to press charges, which it sounds like she wouldn't).

stink219

I have never dealt with this type of issue. Your job is dependent on many factors. Mainly the relationship between your BA and Division Manager at this point. I've seen jobs lost for stealing, but I've seen people get their jobs back for pissing on the floor. But regardless of the situation, you need to eliminate that behavior. I'm no saint, but that stuff is for after work if the both of you have that relationship. Your firing might not had anything to do with the exchange between you two. It was the potential of someone else seeing that. What if an older woman saw your :censored2:?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I have always said....

I could write a book, on all the things I've seen at UPS.

Problem is....

The average person, would not believe any of it.

-Bug-

InsideUPS

Hey all, I discovered this message board when I was trying to google something about UPS a few months ago and I have read on and off since. I think this is the best place to get information about UPS even better than some of the local hubs.

With that said, I was fired today. I have worked at UPS for alomost three years and I load most days and am a backup pickoff. I have a really good working realtionship with my female supervisor but today when I was walking from one load to another I playfully mooned my supervisor and right when I did that our buliding manager walked through the door to the up stairs offices and saw me. What do you guys think will happen?

Safety, Safety, Safety........ It's nice to hear that you were concerned about your shirt not being tucked in near the moving belts...etc............but, I suggest that you wait until you are in the men's room the next time you tuck it in.

That being said.....you are at the mercy of UPS and what that female supervisor will say against you......or on your behalf.....

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

With that said, I was fired today. I have worked at UPS for alomost three years and I load most days and am a backup pickoff. I have a really good working realtionship with my female supervisor but today when I was walking from one load to another I playfully mooned my supervisor and right when I did that our buliding manager walked through the door to the up stairs offices and saw me. I immediately pulled my pants up and my boss said come with me, didn't say one word to me about the mooning, he had me sit in his office for a couple minutes as he got our union steward and my boss informed me that I was being terminated for sexual harrasment and I was walked out of the building. After I was walked out my steward told me about what I needed to do next in order to get my job back and after that I was like be honest with me do you think I'll get my job back and he said he didn't know for sure as he's never dealt with a case like this and usally the only way to truly get fired is to steal or put your hands on someone but he wouldn't be shocked if this firing was upheld. What do you guys think will happen?

Honestly, we dont have time for employees like you. You demonstrate a level of immaturity that isnt tolerable. You call your act "playfully" but in reality its assinine. Hopefully, your greivance hearing is swift and then you walked out again for the last time.

Peace

TOS

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This is one truly dumb thing to do. With that said stupid stuff like this will happen when your part time workforce is based around 18-25 year olds.

We have all done some pretty stupid stuff. This guy happened to do it at work. Some of us grow up faster than others.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
This is one truly dumb thing to do. With that said stupid stuff like this will happen when your part time workforce is based around 18-25 year olds.

We have all done some pretty stupid stuff. This guy happened to do it at work. Some of us grow up faster than others.

I agree. I've done and seen some pretty dumb **** in my early 20's while working at UPS and I eventually grew out of it. Should this guy get chewed out and twist in the wind while his job hangs in the balance? Absolutely. Should his career be terminated because he made one dumb and semi-harmless mistake while otherwise having no attendance or other work issues? Absolutely not. If his PT/FT Sup vouch for him and he's worth a damn as a loader, he'll probably be alright. I've personally seen cases where guys that should have been marched out two or three times over kept their jobs because they busted ass at work.

bogeyball

Moons over my-hammie

Hmmm,. sounds like a tough case to "crack". Better "spread" your resources.... take a "bottom" up approach... if they smack you on the left "cheek" turn and let them smack you on the right. Things might get a little "hairy" but "hang". in there.
Good luck with the job search.

over9five

Staff member
Wow, I would be hoping my supervisor (the one you mooned) was in there telling the DM what an awesome employee you are and how he should not fire you.