So Im supposed to write a letter of complaint.

The writing is on the wall, if they are trying to fire this supe and the OP writes a letter, I can just see the plan falling apart and who is left holding the bag? The OP writing the letter, being labeled as a snitch, the supe trying to in-turn get the OP fired, and the rest of the OP's colleagues knowing that there is a snitch on the line.

Yeah, don't see that working out too well at all. Great advice gentlemen!

Sorry if I offended you all by calling you gentlemen.
I completely understand where you are coming from. I didnt ask to write the letter, they (management) asked me, since ALL the loaders ,except for me, have turned in my supe for reasons that I dont know. I had problems with the supe, but have never told anyone from management. Im just going to tell them that I dont want to write it. Thanks everyone

Dr.Brownz

The writing is on the wall, if they are trying to fire this supe and the OP writes a letter, I can just see the plan falling apart and who is left holding the bag? The OP writing the letter, being labeled as a snitch, the supe trying to in-turn get the OP fired, and the rest of the OP's colleagues knowing that there is a snitch on the line.

Yeah, don't see that working out too well at all. Great advice gentlemen!

Sorry if I offended you all by calling you gentlemen.

How is op standing up to authority making him a snitch in the eyes of co workers?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I completely understand where you are coming from. I didnt ask to write the letter, they (management) asked me, since ALL the loaders ,except for me, have turned in my supe for reasons that I dont know. I had problems with the supe, but have never told anyone from management. Im just going to tell them that I dont want to write it. Thanks everyone

Yeah, I read your post. I know you didn't ask to write the letter. Im agreeing with the others that it is a bad idea and passing my agreement on to you. But I would definitely grieve the water issue take a water break as needed or fall out and let them call an ambulance for you. I bet that supe would be gone pretty quick after that.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Money says they're using you as a scapegoat should the stuff they are terminating him for not fly with HR. They can say "But look what OP said!" Don't do it.

File a grievance on the break thing though. You're guaranteed a break and you should get every minute of it.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
just out of curiosity, why? I thought it was odd that out of everyone on my belt they only asked me. but many people have come forward to file non formal complaints

Edit: I have never said anything to management about me not liking the guy, not sure how they knew.
they eat their own

clean hairy

Personally, I would see a letter of complaint as an employee just griping.
A grievance though, might be seen as a legit concern the employee is wishing to have resolved.
Just my thought on it.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yeah, I read your post. I know you didn't ask to write the letter. Im agreeing with the others that it is a bad idea and passing my agreement on to you. But I would definitely grieve the water issue take a water break as needed or fall out and let them call an ambulance for you. I bet that supe would be gone pretty quick after that.
I would tell them I got hired to handle boxes, not pens.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
None of this makes sense, management can easily be terminated.. Tossing pc aside, is the sup a woman, a minority?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Money says they're using you as a scapegoat should the stuff they are terminating him for not fly with HR. They can say "But look what OP said!" Don't do it.

File a grievance on the break thing though. You're guaranteed a break and you should get every minute of it.

A cynical supervisor.

I like that trait in management.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
First of all you can't be denied water or bathroom ,, this is UPS , not a German prison camp , I would told him to friend off and went to steward , don't write that letter , ups. Loves a hole sups and they rise the ladder quickly and may bite you in the a SS some day !!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Write the letter using cut out letters like a ransom note.

L9vG5p.gif

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Seniority is simple: "Ask from the top, Force from the bottom"
So in your example, the sup should ask you if you want to stay and force the least senior to punch out if you do.

If you need to hydrate, and you should frequently, simply notify someone and go. Same SOP applies for when you need to evacuate.

I would tell management you will happily write a grievance but not a letter.