So it seems like my hub is hiring 22.4’s before peak

So I’ve been trying to get into the 22.4 position for about 3 months now. I’ve been at ups for about 6 months. I filled out an application and i went on my own to get my dot physical. My HR guy never likes to answer the phone. It was up until about 2 weeks ago they pulled me in to start setting things up.

He tells me he will call me to schedule my road test. It was today I asked him and he told me next week he will call me to schedule it. Now this is about a month and a half before peak season starts. They have started hiring 22.4’s about 2 weeks ago.

I feel like they are doing this on purpose just so we don’t make book and they can find any reason to let us go before we make our 40 days. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So I’ve been trying to get into the 22.4 position for about 3 months now. I’ve been at ups for about 6 months. I filled out an application and i went on my own to get my dot physical. My HR guy never likes to answer the phone. It was up until about 2 weeks ago they pulled me in to start setting things up.

He tells me he will call me to schedule my road test. It was today I asked him and he told me next week he will call me to schedule it. Now this is about a month and a half before peak season starts. They have started hiring 22.4’s about 2 weeks ago.

I feel like they are doing this on purpose just so we don’t make book and they can find any reason to let us go before we make our 40 days. Anyone have thoughts on this?
Not much you can do about it is there?

Brownslave688

I’m not saying that I want to do something about it, I’m saying that’s what it seems like just so they dont have to bring more people on after peak. If I get let go after peak so be it
June, July, August are free periods also so yeah basically the union has given them
7 months of free period if they time it all right.

Brownslave688

I’m not saying that I want to do something about it, I’m saying that’s what it seems like just so they dont have to bring more people on after peak. If I get let go after peak so be it
I’m just saying not something I’d worry about if I had no control over it

542thruNthru

UPS and UPS Freight Agreements, 2018 – 2023

If you don't have your local supplement download it here.

Read Article 13. Here is some of the language about free periods in yours. (B) and (C)
Screenshot_20190828-100827_Adobe Acrobat.jpg