So my hub lost all power tonight.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
has happened at my hub, everyone gets told to wait in a spot where loss prevention can keep an eye on you.

I didn't think about the cameras going out. Whatever did they do before cameras? Trust us?

We had a power outage when I worked inside but it only lasted like 10 minutes. They called break so we didn't really miss much.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I would think the easiest way to handle a power outage would be to have a bucket brigade unloading out of trucks and sorting into train carts. Train drivers bring the stuff to each belt area then they sort it there and carry it to each outbound feeder.

browntroll

yep....those big induatrial ones.
those things dont do much in actual summer weather unless ur within 10ft of them. they dont trust us or their own
lp ppl that they hire. basically power was out about 1 hour so they called many preload ppl including me to go help
unload that day, then once all the stuff was in preload they sent everyone including unloaders to preload to help, it was such
a mess staff wise. some pens had preloaders, unloaders and drivers in same truck.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We have one generator for the whole half of NJ. We have to send a feeder to pick it up, then the electricians have to fire it up. By time this all takes place, quite often, the power is back on.
Plus the feeder driver has to follow ORION which usually means a side trip thru Nebraska.