About to file my first grievance

542thruNthru

Sorry, he really didn't say anything. He said what's 1 day to come in at 1150 instead of getting in trouble? Grant you this was in front of our sup.

You didn't think to ask him any questions afterwards? Like maybe "can they make me do this?" Or "is this against the contract, do I have a grievance?"

The title of your thread is "About to file my first grievance" how are you going to file a grievance if you don't know what Article the company is violating if any.

Talk to your steward or call your local and talk to your BA about this.

I
You didn't think to ask him any questions afterwards? Like maybe "can they make me do this?" Or "is this against the contract, do I have a grievance?"

The title of your thread is "About to file my first grievance" how are you going to file a grievance if you don't know what Article the company is violating if any.

Talk to your steward or call your local and talk to your BA about this.
I really dont see a point in talking to him now, I'm pretty set on not going in tonight at 1150pm. I've already called and told them that I'm coming in at 440am so we will see what happens lol

542thruNthru

I dont see a point in talking to him now, I'm pretty set on not going in tonight at 1150pm. I've already called and told them that I'm coming in at 440am so we will see what happens lol

How is it pointless when I'm asking for help in the situation and everyone's telling me that I'm in the wrong when I'm being harrassed by mgmt?

We're trying to help you. You're just being a whiney little kid and don't want to follow thru. You just want to stomp your feet and say "It's not fair! I'll leave if they do it!"

Superteeth2478

the "suck it up" schtick is old hat and pretty dumb in this case.
In all seriousness, this. What's the deal with these full-time drivers acting like it's okay for the company to do this? I've never heard of a location that does this outside of peak season. How would all you guys saying "suck it up" or "LOL, what a generation" feel if your driver start time varied from 9:00AM-10:00AM start to 4:00AM all of a sudden or as late as 3:00PM? This guy's start time is varying by 5 hours!

In all honesty, maybe a lot of you would say you'd do it without bitching, but most would be lying and the rest would only be doing it because of the compensation package, which is a world of difference from that of a part-timer.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Well I just find it fishy that he held the conversation with 2 other employees who also showed up at 440am. I know the one is planning to do the same thing and show up tomorrow same time despite what we were told. Guess they're just going to have to find 2 more new hires.

Preloaders are disposable

Suck it up or move on

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My main point though is I signed up to work at 440am. NOT 1150pm. Managements communication with workers is horrible. I work the same time 4 out of the 5 days of the week. Then its somehow my fault when they want to change up the start times? How am I supposed to flex my life around that. There are better things than working here. This isn't my career choice. I selected these hours to work because they fit my schedule.

What do you do between 11:50 pm and 4:40am

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Lol best of luck to you.

Funny how it's always the lazy crybabies that think they are going to some how be some big shot outside of UPS.
I would never want to work in an office with a bunch of millennials wearing those big dr Dre headphones..it’s so nice working outside and alone

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In all seriousness, this. What's the deal with these full-time drivers acting like it's okay for the company to do this? I've never heard of a location that does this outside of peak season. How would all you guys saying "suck it up" or "LOL, what a generation" feel if your driver start time varied from 9:00AM-10:00AM start to 4:00AM all of a sudden or as late as 3:00PM? This guy's start time is varying by 5 hours!

In all honesty, maybe a lot of you would say you'd do it without bitching, but most would be lying and the rest would only be doing it because of the compensation package, which is a world of difference from that of a part-timer.
No one said it was fair but life ain’t fair.

If driver start times varied that much ( most places have language so they won’t) then you’ve got 2 choices. Suck it up and deal with it or quit.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

it's a joke

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
No one said it was fair but life ain’t fair.

If driver start times varied that much ( most places have language so they won’t) then you’ve got 2 choices. Suck it up and deal with it or quit.
I tend to put up with a little more with this job because there is a comma in my paycheck ..starting out was rough but now that I’ve made it the wait was worth it

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Probably the same way the guys who got forced to work Saturday felt, or the people who got forced to work the day after Thanksgiving felt.

Superteeth2478

Probably the same way the guys who got forced to work Saturday felt, or the people who got forced to work the day after Thanksgiving felt.
That's categorically different. Most people don't have the day after Thanksgiving off. Most people aren't free from working Saturdays. But most people don't have their start times varying plus or minus 5 hours.

542thruNthru

That's categorically different. Most people don't have the day after Thanksgiving off. Most people aren't free from working Saturdays. But most people don't have their start times varying plus or minus 5 hours.

Uh what?!

Most people have schedule changes that vary even more that just 5 hours. I can name 100s of jobs where your schedule can drastically change weekly.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Uh what?!

Most people have schedule changes that vary even more that just 5 hours. I can name 100s of jobs where your schedule can drastically change weekly.
You are correct union brother ....I’m a driver , one day I got done at 4pm , the next day I got done at 9pm. OP is just mad he’s getting older and finding out adult life isn’t that fun anymore when you have to have a full-time job