So what are yall thoughts parttimers

R1wonder

I agree. But, the people who are praying for a strike annoy me. They want to "teach" the Company a lesson. Show them who the man is. Payback for the way they've been treated. They would vote to strike even if they were paid $100 per hour.

They have a $250K house, 2 cars, put their kids through college, but want to strike the Company and sacrifice the bottom 25% who just started a family and bought a house just to show UPS who the boss is.

Don't get me wrong, a strike may be necessary, but it is a last resort. It will cost us more than it will cost them. But, they love money, so the cost may be too high for them.
I agree . We have some things to address but we have a job anyone can do and nobody can argue that . I make 100 grand a year and I’m a dummy that never did college I don’t know how to do :censored2: besides wheelies and boxes 😆 we get paid well for factory folks and truck drivers . I’d like 9.5 and forced 6th day to be a main focus . I feel a better starting pay is needed regardless . Minimum wage is higher in a lot of places and people should be paid better to do the labor.

R1wonder

$100,000 IS CHUMP CHANGE

UPS driver: YAY I MAKE 100K A YEAR

yeah after taxes $40,000 lolololol
🧔‍♂️✊
Hey it’s supporting my family while the wife is back in college . Hopefully soon she also makes over 100 and I’ll take days off lol. My brother has a class A he fights for jobs that aren’t close to what I make , and they treat them even worse . He was just fired from R+L because he took lunch . They don’t want guys taking a lunch . He always did and they try telling him no. Make him call dispatch when he’s gonna stop and they would always tell him , no , not yet . Keep going . But he took lunch and was fired

R1wonder

Aren't there labor laws/Osha that pertain to this?
I told him I would have contacted osha and dept of health and the whole 9. The laws are different all over I’m sure but he has a right to take a lunch . But he was fired for “insubordination” and because of that his New York State unemployment was even denied . It’s such BS , he just got a job at FedEx again where he was years ago. Seeing the crap he’s going through and has a class A . I have a buddy with a class B and operated a stone thrower for construction sites … he makes under 20 an hour . So I count my blessings

The Range

In too deep
Our current MRA is 26/hour and they can't keep people. Yeah, $26 is a good starting point. $30+ boost to tenured part-timers. Anything less is unacceptable. UPS will once again end up paying part-timers more than the union negotiated in the coming years, as they have been for the life of the current contract. It's downright embarrassing.

Last edited:

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
They robbed the preload a few dollars then they all quit, then caved and payed drivers to work.

How many drivers making $60+ an hour worked last year preload lol

🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
This upcoming union strike to push for $30 per hour think it's going to happen?? Just started in Nov. Never been involved in a strike what to expect and anyone can explain?
Sure. Give part timers $30 an hour. Back in my day a full timer made 3X what a part timer made per hour. I’ll take $60 an hour. Problem is you hub rats have done nothing to expand your value. Your job is being automated at a large scale. On top of that, y’all don’t vote.

Please get $20. That way I can bitch for $60.