So what are yall thoughts parttimers

This upcoming union strike to push for $30 per hour think it's going to happen?? Just started in Nov. Never been involved in a strike what to expect and anyone can explain?

This upcoming union strike to push for $30 per hour think it's going to happen?? Just started in Nov. Never been involved in a strike what to expect and anyone can explain?
When I started PT did make the same wages as FT. $30/hr PT is the same wages as the new 22.4 top wage give or take a few Dollars.

nWo

Realistically the starting rate might go up $ .75 -$1.00 yearly. I don't see UPS agreeing to double the pay rate.

R1wonder

Starting for Amazon is like 19 and they need to at least match . But def won’t be expecting over 20. I started at 8.50

R1wonder

They also need to raise the starting driver wage.
I don’t even know what it is . I believe low 20s. These guys go full time so fast I’m kinda jealous . Sure the world is different now but why do these guys deserve to make the big bucks so fast . Took me from age 18 until 31 to make a living at this dump lol

I don’t even know what it is . I believe low 20s. These guys go full time so fast I’m kinda jealous . Sure the world is different now but why do these guys deserve to make the big bucks so fast . Took me from age 18 until 31 to make a living at this dump lol
$20.50 for a 22.4 and $21 for an RPCD.

IF YOU PAY PART-TIMERS $25 AN HOUR it won't get people incentive to go driving

Trucker Clock

I’ll make it real simple for you.

1. $30 per hour ain’t gonna happen.

2. If there is a strike, you can expect to be on the unemployment line for a long time because the bottom 25% of package car drivers will be laid off and displacing part timers to get their 8 hours.

3. While a strike may be necessary to force the Company’s hand, it will hurt us a lot more than it will hurt them. It will just cost them money, via lost volume. It will cost us 25% of the workforce. Look at the seniority list and see where you fall.

I’ll make it real simple for you.

1. $30 per hour ain’t gonna happen.

2. If there is a strike, you can expect to be on the unemployment line for a long time because the bottom 25% of package car drivers will be laid off and displacing part timers to get their 8 hours.

3. While a strike may be necessary to force the Company’s hand, it will hurt us a lot more than it will hurt them. It will just cost them money, via lost volume. It will cost us 25% of the workforce. Look at the seniority list and see where you fall.
I think both sides realizes a lot at stake here

Trucker Clock

I think both sides realizes a lot at stake here

I agree. But, the people who are praying for a strike annoy me. They want to "teach" the Company a lesson. Show them who the man is. Payback for the way they've been treated. They would vote to strike even if they were paid $100 per hour.

They have a $250K house, 2 cars, put their kids through college, but want to strike the Company and sacrifice the bottom 25% who just started a family and bought a house just to show UPS who the boss is.

Don't get me wrong, a strike may be necessary, but it is a last resort. It will cost us more than it will cost them. But, they love money, so the cost may be too high for them.