So.....WHY R We discussing 2013 Healthcare Concessions...with THIS NEWS

14ups

Got a letter in my ballot stating That all the union officials voted Overwhelmingly to approve the Tentative contract agreement Isn't it ironic that are local officials By that I mean business agents secretary-treasurer and our locals tell us that we need to stand united we need to file grievances and stand up to the company But none of them have the balls to tell the IBT that this contract sucks and we won't take it to Our members So much for the union saying protecting and preserving hard-working families

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Got a letter in my ballot stating That all the union officials voted Overwhelmingly to approve the Tentative contract agreement Isn't it ironic that are local officials By that I mean business agents secretary-treasurer and our locals tell us that we need to stand united we need to file grievances and stand up to the company But none of them have the balls to tell the IBT that this contract sucks and we won't take it to Our members So much for the union saying protecting and preserving hard-working families

You are the Union!!!

oldupsman

Stewie, from what I have gathered there are no concessions for us in 623, or for any of the 140,000 being moved into TeamCare, as UPS picks up the balance of whatever TeamCare doesn't cover. Was speaking to one of our hall officers and he said UPS might end up paying more now, as there was a $2 mil cap on a fee of some kind that won't be there now that they aren't fully funding our plan, although I'll be honest I didnt get the full gist of what he was saying because I don't think UPS would do something that would cost them more, unless there is something bigger afoot, down the road.

Now, when it comes to what is being done to retirees in regards to concessions, that's another story ...
Could you please show me where it is written anywhere UPS picks up the balance of what Teamcare doesn't cover. I haven't seen that anywhere. There's no truth to that
as far as I know. As a retiree I know I will be grandfathered into my current UPS healthcare plan for the length of this contract with the cost increasing from
50 a month to 300 a month.

UPS will be incredibly lucky to double in value in the next ten years. I don't see any means to do that. Probably lucky to increase around 70% if everything goes perfectly.

UPS has gone up less than 35% in value in the last 10 years and 25% of that has not come from UPS operations staffed with US Teamsters.
Ups is going to soar through the Internet. FedEx is under a man that has lost his edge. Then there's a government company that can't break themselves out of a wet paper bag. UPS is all USA has got.