Social distance...?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
"If you fire me now, you'll see me on the News tonight."

So do you complain to your management and union, or just people who can do nothing about your situation on the internet?

Something tells me your coworkers have no problem maintaining social distance from you because they're tired of hearing you whine about this with every breath you take.:ninja3:

wilberforce15

So do you complain to your management and union, or just people who can do nothing about your situation on the internet?

Something tells me your coworkers have no problem maintaining social distance from you because they're tired of hearing you whine about this with every breath you take.:ninja3:

I haven't been within six feet of someone outside my immediate family in almost a month.

Anybody who almost breaches the barrier gets sprayed wtih Lysol.

And my wife made COVID-themed shirts for me to wear to work and pick fights with management.

"Dividends over Disinfectants." and things like that.

I'm completely safe. Nobody else is.

542thruNthru

"Wait, why is there a news van at the guard shack?"

"We're here tonight where a UPS employee was fired for insisting on six feet of separation to do his job, in-line with CDC recommendations on social distancing."
I made the keyword in that post bold for you. Look it up.

Nothing says UPS has to follow CDC recommendations.

But hey you're a wealth entrepreneur that used to be a PT sup. I'm sure you know how to handle UPS because we've all seen how going to the media works against amazon... it doesn't.

wilberforce15

I made the keyword in that post bold for you. Look it up.

Nothing says UPS has to follow CDC recommendations.

But hey you're a wealth entrepreneur that used to be a PT sup. I'm sure you know how to handle UPS because we've all seen how going to the media works against amazon... it doesn't.

Nope, UPS doesn't have to do so. But they do not want the public knowing they fired someone for trying to stay safe right now.

The Amazon guy got hung out to dry because he was asking too much. But, if you make it simple: I got fired for keeping recommended social distance...then you're good. People don't grab onto complicated cases. You gotta keep it simple to get folks on board.

Wealthy? For my age and life stage, sure. I make the same as a driver with half the stress and much fewer hours. That's not unreasonable or impossible. Don't be jealous.

542thruNthru

Nope, UPS doesn't have to do so. But they do not want the public knowing they fired someone for trying to stay safe right now.

The Amazon guy got hung out to dry because he was asking too much. But, if you make it simple: I got fired for keeping recommended social distance...then you're good. People don't grab onto complicated cases. You gotta keep it simple to get folks on board.

Wealthy? For my age and life stage, sure. I make the same as a driver with half the stress and much fewer hours. That's not unreasonable or impossible. Don't be jealous.

You'll be on your local news for 1 maybe 2 days. Then a new story like this one will come out...
Nurse says she was suspended after refusing to treat coronavirus patients without a mask

Or one of the other many covid19 stories and you'll be forgotten.

Then you'll be at home calling the union begging for your job back and telling them how your wife made you Tee shirts and whatever else...

But hey.. you have the power of the media on your side....

wilberforce15

You'll be on your local news for 1 maybe 2 days. Then a new story like this one will come out...
Nurse says she was suspended after refusing to treat coronavirus patients without a mask

Or one of the other many covid19 stories and you'll be forgotten.

Then you'll be at home calling the union begging for your job back and telling them how your wife made you Tee shirts and whatever else...

But hey.. you have the power of the media on your side....

So far, spraying supervisors with Lysol as they approach a 6.1ft distance has worked well. People laugh as if I'm joking. They can think that all they like as long as they laugh from 6.1ft.

That nurse will have no problem finding work the rest of her life. Given that most of my income doesn't come from UPS, I'd be in the same boat. I actually have skills. UPS is a great deal for me now, but it's not irreplaceable.

What's it like to have to be someone's bitch just so you don't risk your precious pension? What's it like to have no viable backup plan, or second set of skills, such that you cannot even offer the company a gesture of your dissatisfaction?

542thruNthru

So far, spraying supervisors with Lysol as they approach a 6.1ft distance has worked well. People laugh as if I'm joking. They can think that all they like as long as they laugh from 6.1ft.

That nurse will have no problem finding work the rest of her life. Given that most of my income doesn't come from UPS, I'd be in the same boat. I actually have skills. UPS is a great deal for me now, but it's not irreplaceable.

What's it like to have to be someone's bitch just so you don't risk your precious pension? What's it like to have no viable backup plan, or second set of skills, such that you cannot even offer the company a gesture of your dissatisfaction?

Hey way to change your little scenario now. No one said you couldn't find other work. You were saying the media will save your job... it won't. Now make up some other story in another thread.

wilberforce15

Hey way to change your little scenario now. No one said you couldn't find other work. You were saying the media will save your job... it won't. Now make up some other story in another thread.

I didn't say it would save my job. UPS would think twice, much more now than normal. It might save the job. It probably would garner a good GoFundMe.

I said it would be bad for UPS and that the media would cover it. And that UPS doesn't want that to happen. I didn't say it was guaranteed to save a job.

UPS will fire somebody out of pure spite sometimes no matter how stupid or counter-productive it is. It's a stupid, vindictive company that would cut off its nose to spite its face, if the situation is right. They just might.

So, your job is probably safer doing it now than any other time. I didn't claim otherwise.

Back to the question: what's it like to be so much of the company's bitch, because you lack skills for an alternative, that you cringe at even expressing your dissatisfaction to the company?

542thruNthru

Back to the question: what's it like to be so much of the company's bitch, because you lack skills for an alternative, that you cringe at even expressing your dissatisfaction to the company?

Since you keep trying to bait me into a argument.

I love my job. I could easily work somewhere else and make a living. Wouldn't be hard for anyone really. I love being outdoors and weekends off. I love the freedom I have and I love the ability I have with the contract to keep a rogue manager in line.

Its obvious you want all drivers to be miserable so you can feel better about your made up life. I'll tell you what I'll play along.

Oh whoa is me.. I hate my life and job... oooh cruel world why can't I be more like the "rich" people on the internet that can spray managers with lysol.

:)

wilberforce15

I love my job. I could easily work somewhere else and make a living. Wouldn't be hard for anyone really. I love being outdoors and weekends off. I love the freedom I have and I love the ability I have with the contract to keep a rogue manager in line.

Its obvious you want all drivers to be miserable so you can feel better about your made up life. I'll tell you what I'll play along.

Oh whoa is me.. I hate my life and job... oooh cruel world why can't I be more like the "rich" people on the internet that can spray managers with lysol.

I don't want most drivers to be miserable. But I definitely feel no need to join them in their misery.

Misery loves company, and gets super triggered whenever anybody opts out of the misery.

If you love your job so much try doing it more often:2guns:

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
I haven't been within six feet of someone outside my immediate family in almost a month.

Anybody who almost breaches the barrier gets sprayed wtih Lysol.

And my wife made COVID-themed shirts for me to wear to work and pick fights with management.

"Dividends over Disinfectants." and things like that.

I'm completely safe. Nobody else is.

Maybe you can adopt an alter ego known as The Covid Kid “. You can look like a bank robber with a bandana as a mask and a can of Lysol in one holster and a canister of Clorox wipes in the other.

“Six feet away or six feet under pal, your call” can be your catch phrase.