socialized healthcare

rod

Retired 22 years

Peter
3 weeks ago
"I can't afford the ambulance" - let that sink in for a second, fellow Europeans! How can emergency services not be provided freely, in the wealthiest country in the world?

BackSpacəTM
2 weeks ago (edited)
America where your first words after a crash is "I can't afford a ambulance"

I though Dr. Big Boobs was going to slap him in the face with her endowment. Then she says "can I play with you?"

rickyb

so i got my cast off.

i liked all the docs and nurses, but i didnt look up reviews of the docs.

last time i waited 45 minutes or so for an xray, and about 2 hours including the xray to see the doc and physio guy.

the physio is free too. i just have to drive to the next city to do it. i could go to a private physio near by but it would cost some money, maybe ill give them a call. the physio appointment starts 5 days from now.

you dont pay more or less for being sick more often.

rickyb

hypocrite obama now coming out for medicare for all.

on a side note, i just realized the physio system here is wierd. for me, the government covers a reduced rate of $30 per visit (the rest covered by work insurance if you have one) at the local private physio place. but the hospitals offer free physio which i didnt know.

rickyb

jesus. i wonder what its like up here. i know our government negotiates drug prices for all, while the US govt only does it for military.

Maykeila‏ @maykeila_brooke Sep 7

today a lady came to pick up her insulin which was v expensive and she told me, “sorry I’m late, I had to save up to come get it. I’ve gone 3 days without insulin already, I’m surprised I’m not dead.” Welcome to American healthcare
1f643.png
someone do somethin

rickyb

so i called 3 local cities and only 1 of them offers free physio at the hospital.

so im getting free physio 1.5 hours at a time 2x a week for my arm.

i like the physiotherapist

rickyb

hillary clinton should be in jail

Walker Bragman‏ @WalkerBragman 7h7 hours ago

Hillary Clinton, whose net worth is $45 million and who said on the campaign trail that single-payer "will never, ever come to pass," asks for crowdfunding assistance for her former staffer's medical expenses.

Hillary ClintonVerified account @HillaryClinton
Tyrone Gayle, a beloved member of the HFA team, was known to stay at the office until midnight and run six miles the next morning. Now, his friend (and fellow HFA alum) Jesse is running to raise funds for Tyrone as he fights cancer. Pitch in if you can: Click here to support 26.2 for TOG organized by Jesse Lehrich
231 replies 2,689 retweets 7,176 likes

rickyb

my fasha got his gallbladder removed today. it wasnt an emergency and i think hes been waiting since july.

it cost him whatever he pays in taxes. since he owns a business and property theres all kinds of tax deductions.