Software update

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Any other centers come in today to changes to the diad software? We now get a notification on the diad after sheeting something that has to be pulled off as an exception (NI3, NS#, etc) and have to big arrow up. At the end of the day a new item was added like Clerk Pkgs or something that you have to view in order to log out of the diad.

Not a word was said at PCM about it. I bet the sups didn't even know that the software changed. Anyone else get this today?

Any other centers come in today to changes to the diad software? We now get a notification on the diad after sheeting something that has to be pulled off as an exception (NI3, NS#, etc) and have to big arrow up. At the end of the day a new item was added like Clerk Pkgs or something that you have to view in order to log out of the diad.

Not a word was said at PCM about it. I bet the sups didn't even know that the software changed. Anyone else get this today?
20141110_133941.jpg

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yup. We just got it as well. God forbid if a cleark has to get out of their chair to get a forgotten exception package.
Our clerks don't go to our trucks if we forget to pull off exceptions, except for SDWCs where the consignee has said they'll be in to pick it up that night and the driver forgot to pull it off.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Also get a automated ETA to building response required.
We used to do the eta thing. We'd get a message everyday at 4:30pm but when the old center manager retired and a new one came on board he stopped that. Now we message in to let them know if we're over 9.5, then we get a message asking the ETA and if we need air meet, etc if we don't specify.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The packages that are listed on the Clerk Pkgs are usually set aside by the drivers in the car so they don't forget. Kind of a no-brainer thing.

I, at times, might glaze over a message from the OMS to pull a certain package for WC or SDWC. Those are not listed and are the ones that are usually forgotten in the first place. Those bar codes should be sent to my diad as an instruction to pull off with the Clerk Pkgs.

If they wanted to do it right, we would scan each of those packages again at the clerk station until we fulfilled the total.

Johney

We used to do the eta thing. We'd get a message everyday at 4:30pm but when the old center manager retired and a new one came on board he stopped that. Now we message in to let them know if we're over 9.5, then we get a message asking the ETA and if we need air meet, etc if we don't specify.
Ours use to be done by the ODS clerk at or around 15:30, but now it seems to be automated right at 15:30.

Bottom rung

A sup was asked about it monday am. He looked at the driver like he was making stuff up, then walked away. Nothing was said at pcm. Except the saftey tip.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The packages that are listed on the Clerk Pkgs are usually set aside by the drivers in the car so they don't forget. Kind of a no-brainer thing.

I, at times, might glaze over a message from the OMS to pull a certain package for WC or SDWC. Those are not listed and are the ones that are usually forgotten in the first place. Those bar codes should be sent to my diad as an instruction to pull off with the Clerk Pkgs.

If they wanted to do it right, we would scan each of those packages again at the clerk station until we fulfilled the total.
I agree, except that call tags show up under that same section and I don't know about you but after 3 attempts of a call tag (or 1 if it's the stupid dish network ones lol) they get crumpled up & tossed in my trash can, not turned in like we're supposed to.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I agree, except that call tags show up under that same section and I don't know about you but after 3 attempts of a call tag (or 1 if it's the stupid dish network ones lol) they get crumpled up & tossed in my trash can, not turned in like we're supposed to.
We turn in RTS call tags just like packages. Clerk has to scan them.

CHALLY9TX

Noticed it yesterday(didn't work Monday) so not sure if it was there Monday. Just an extra annoying thing to do now. We give the pkgs to the clerks anyway so I don't see the point. Let's get the upgrades we want as mentioned in another thread!