Some questions

dirty moose

Hey everyone im new here and pretty much new to being a driver.
I worked the twilight shift for 2.5 years before going driving. Ive been driving for almost a year now.

So as soon as i stepped into the position i here all this stuff about the pension and money and all this other stuff. I also here a lot of conflicting "opinions or Facts" from drivers shop stewards and anyone else who thinks they know it all.

What i want to know is what happened with the teamsters and the money?
When did this all start to go bad?
I read a lot about the "central states" what is that all about?
What is going on with the new contract coming up?
I Also asked in another thread about the 401(K) matching and was told there is no match at all, is this true?

Im sure theres some other new people on here with similar questions and stuff so any general knowledge about this whole situation would be great guys.

Thanks A lot

krash

Go big orange

So as soon as i stepped into the position i here all this stuff about the pension and money and all this other stuff. I also here a lot of conflicting "opinions or Facts" from drivers shop stewards and anyone else who thinks they know it all.
~Your gonna get a lot of that here. Research it yourself because you'll have those who are pushing for a decert claiming the Teamsters are funneling the retirement money into a swiss bank account and other non-sense. Or some old LTLer who retired in '86' at the age of 62 is gobbling up your money.

What i want to know is what happened with the teamsters and the money?~Too much going out not enough coming in
When did this all start to go bad?~I believe 2003 or 2004
I read a lot about the "central states" what is that all about?~Be more specific
What is going on with the new contract coming up?~Go to www.teamster.org
I Also asked in another thread about the 401(K) matching and was told there is no match at all, is this true?~True

Im sure theres some other new people on here with similar questions and stuff so any general knowledge about this whole situation would be great guys.~Brother, there is other posters who I'm sure will offer there assessment. Just sort through all of the "stuff" and research. There is one poster who goes by Cole who is pretty leveled heady and knowledgeable who can point out some avenues and 705red can too.Happy hunting brother and try to look at the good not just the bad.

Thanks A lot

dirty moose

Thanks a al ot for the response, i happen to like the job for the most part, the occasional bad neighborhood is really the worst of my problems at the moment i think.
Its just that you here so much about the good part of the job, the bad seems to stay hidden.
Ill go poke around and see what i dig up thanks a lot