Somebody Died - Now He Can Drive!

Camping Nana

Benefits.

That is the beginning, middle & end of my employ w/ups. Could not care less if I was full, part, or no time, driver, unloader, or trash-can cleaner.

I used to feel the exact opposite, as in I was MR. UPS, kiss ass (and deliver a few donuts). UPS has beaten that attitude of mine to death.

I am completely, 100% indifferent at this time. I know what I've gone thru, and, as important, I see on a daily basis what FT drivers put up with.

No, thank you very much.

Pardon me........ but there is no way on God's green earth that you could EVER have been considered "MR. UPS" with the little bit of experience you had..... You certainly didn't have much of UPS in you if they were able to beat it out of you in less than a year!

I

IH8No1

Pardon me........ but there is no way on God's green earth that you could EVER have been considered "MR. UPS" with the little bit of experience you had..... You certainly didn't have much of UPS in you if they were able to beat it out of you in less than a year!

Tell him, Grandma. You go girl!

I guess you bagged him.

Re-Raise

He tends to do things faster than most normal humans. Why he could even be the fastest ever to drive at UPS. Changes names a lot too.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The retirement age for full pension will be 80 soon.

It's not the drivers being the stickliers always, either, as you know. If you started driving here in NE at 22 y/o, you need 43 years of driving in to collect at 65. 43 years? that's cruel and unusual UPS punishment

Unless of course you bid down to a 22.3 or bid into feeders.

Good point here. I'll be 51 next week, I have been working here since 1975. I can't get health insurance till I am 55, so I will have to at least work four more. If the next contract is decent in the pension part, maybe I can go out then.

Every time one of the youngsters walks by my P7 and sees my load, I tell them eventually they will earn one like it. Eventually drivers will quit, get fired, become disabled, bid into Feeders, or reach retirement age. I am on the "40 and out" plan myself.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Next Bid, my do nothing job will be open, would you care for it?:happy-very:

I would if I wasn't living in NH. ;) One of the old timers (P.M.) retiring?

Miss that job a lot in some ways. BTW I have some canidates ready to get into the counter /air driver or counter/local sort from here in CHEMA.

outta hours

Guys that are of age and eligible won't retire and younger guys are laid off. At some point, sadly, someone is going to be happy when these older guys die off.

Reminds me of an old story:

The Boys and the Frogs
Some Boys were playing one day at the edge of a pond in which lived a family of Frogs. The Boys amused themselves by throwing stones into the pond so as to make them skip on top of the water.
The stones were flying thick and fast and the Boys were enjoying themselves very much; but the poor Frogs in the pond were trembling with fear.
At last one of the Frogs, the oldest and bravest, put his head out of the water, and said, "Oh, please, dear children, stop your cruel play! Though it may be fun for you, it means death to us!"
Always stop to think whether your fun may not be the cause of another's unhappiness.