Something (among many) you will never see at Fedex

Nolimitz

My wife works at a large regional medical facility and last night was their service award dinner. All employees w/ 10, 15, 20 or 25 years of service were invited along with guest. We were treated to an open bar before dinner. Dinner consisted of a NY steak and salmon. Wine flowed freely during dinner. Followed by a nice desert. There was a speaker who kept it to a min. which was nice. Not a lot of company propaganda, but a true sense of appreciation to the employees service to the company. There were over 1000 attendees. It's nice to see there are still decent places out there to work

Nick9075

There is a two tiered workforce in many organizations now permanent full time and Contract /temp some whom really are perma temps. Now I can tell you that those in the second tier the significant number of temps /contractors will never see or be part of the above.
10,15 or 20 years of service in health care which second to education is continuing to add jobs. Of course if you get stuck in that second tier it's not all sunshine and lollipops

Sent from my Nexus 5 using BrownCafe mobile app

Nick9075

I am sure all the C level executives and others who would never be seen with a ground driver and would never visit any of the terminals without a bodyguard are wining, dining and showering there close family members and coworkers with gifts. Remember those middle managers and c level executives justify it as how they are entitled to said position because they went to the right schools, kissed the right asses while the majority of those working for ground and home delivery delivery are dependent on some type of government assistance because those in the executive suites in Memphis and Pittsburgh need another 5000 square foot mcmansion or another AMG Mercedes

Sent from my Nexus 5 using BrownCafe mobile app

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Nolimitz, believe it or not that function which you described was very similar to the dinners Federal Express used to put on for us twice a year, right down to the open bar. Yes, that was a GREAT company, for which I felt privileged to be considered a member of the "team"...This 'FedEx' horror however, I don't know from what dark corner of hell it slithered up from.

dezguy

My wife works for an internet reseller. In the spring they had a family picnic with tons of rides for the kids, a live band, drinks for the adults and was fully catered. A week ago they had a family Christmas party again, fully catered and each kid got a present (none of this dollar store crap either.) And next week they're having the adult Christmas party which is open bar, catered and has prizes (50" tv, ect) to be won.

This is a small company, yet they do this for their employees, meanwhile in my 12 years at FedEx, we have never had a Christmas party at our station. We get absolutely nothing other than a thanks for your hard work over the powerpad. Multi billion dollar company and they can't even treat their employees to a nice meal as a thank you for all the hard work we do throughout the year.

fredup

we had a lunch brought in 2 weeks ago for making our station goal for the month. Cold chicken, cold pasta, and wilted salad. Bravo Zulu

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Nolimitz, believe it or not that function which you described was very similar to the dinners Federal Express used to put on for us twice a year, right down to the open bar. Yes, that was a GREAT company, for which I felt privileged to be considered a member of the "team"...This 'FedEx' horror however, I don't know from what dark corner of hell it slithered up from.

Is that Freddy Fender? Enormous membership is an exclusive club.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
My wife works for an internet reseller. In the spring they had a family picnic with tons of rides for the kids, a live band, drinks for the adults and was fully catered. A week ago they had a family Christmas party again, fully catered and each kid got a present (none of this dollar store crap either.) And next week they're having the adult Christmas party which is open bar, catered and has prizes (50" tv, ect) to be won.

This is a small company, yet they do this for their employees, meanwhile in my 12 years at FedEx, we have never had a Christmas party at our station. We get absolutely nothing other than a thanks for your hard work over the powerpad. Multi billion dollar company and they can't even treat their employees to a nice meal as a thank you for all the hard work we do throughout the year.
Must be an Obama voter with that entitlement mentality.
Your paycheck is all the thanks you deserve.

Get to work!

Keeping stay at home moms satisfied since 1986

Last edited by a moderator:

HomeDelivery

I am sure all the C level executives and others who would never be seen with a ground driver and would never visit any of the terminals without a bodyguard are wining, dining and showering there close family members and coworkers with gifts.

agrees, i already got a few of those "compliment certificates" Kevin K vice pres signed it and the local DM too... i asked the managers "does it come with some money?" <hears crickets> straight to the recycle bin!

oh yea, the contractors get the bonus...

hypo hanna

[quote="Maple Grove MN Driver, post: 1237175,

Get to work!
[/quote]

Since that and the other promised benefits have shrunk or been taken away I can understand the bitterness. Personally I have no use for their cold food, useless awards and false praise. If it doesn't put food on my family's table, the can keep it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Must be an Obama voter with that entitlement mentality.

Get to work!

Keeping stay at home moms satisfied since 1986

I love folks like you. Presumably, you're UPS since you referred to your self as a "driver", so why are you still in a union? You know, the one that gets you $32 per hours, no-cost medical and a strong pension. You sound very entitled to me. Please tell your employer you no longer want all of those benefits and will work for $12 per hour. Fool.

bbsam

Staff member
I love folks like you. Presumably, you're UPS since you referred to your self as a "driver", so why are you still in a union? You know, the one that gets you $32 per hours, no-cost medical and a strong pension. You sound very entitled to me. Please tell your employer you no longer want all of those benefits and will work for $12 per hour. Fool.
I think you're being a bit of a jerk. I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Artee

we had a lunch brought in 2 weeks ago for making our station goal for the month. Cold chicken, cold pasta, and wilted salad. Bravo Zulu

We used to get something brought in. Now if there is food for thanksgiving or Xmas the employees are expected to bring the bulk of it. The manager says "Hey lets have a pot luck." He will bring the fast food chain chicken, rice and beans, which he admits comes from saving up the monthly stipend FDX gives him to treat us. So it costs him nothing. The employees are expected to bring something. Its out of our own pocket to buy or make something to bring in.

Its complete BS. With all the money we have lost over the last 6 years its pure crap that it has come down to everyone having to bring in food to feed their fellow workers. The AGF&S side of the company cannot have each location budget $1000-$1500 to feed their employees at the busiest time of the year as a thank you for all the hard work and long hours they are putting in? Its come down to a pot luck? It never used to be like that. They used to announce that they would be bringing in food on such and such a date to treat us. Now they announce that if we want food we will need to bring it in ourselves, but they will be nice enough to let us spread it out on the Ping Pong table. This multi-billion dollar company ought to be embarrassed.

FUFred

Now they announce that if we want food we will need to bring it in ourselves, but they will be nice enough to let us spread it out on the Ping Pong table. This multi-billion dollar company ought to be embarrassed.

I love it. Ping pong table, the station I was at last did the same thing. Must be a company thing.