Sonia Sotomayor

brett636

But then again this is really disturbing

Countdown with Keith OlbermannCountdown with Keith Olbermann

If you don't want to hear Kieth O bark up a tree, just watch between the 4 1/2 and 6 minute mark ....

A montage of slandering Judge Sotomayor amongst the Republican mouthpieces who don't vote on her appointment, has the weak knee'd Republicans who do vote cringing with the realization of how many more minority votes they will lose in 2010 if this keeps up....Keep it up "Ditto heads".
Will the centralist, pro-inclusive Republicans ever stand up to the far right wing nuts of the GOP. Come on, hike up the skirts and grow a spine.....But then again, a jumpity jumpity hopped up oxycotin fat arse with a microphone might hurt somebodies feelings and political career.....:tt2:

I find it strangely ironic that the first modern racist to be appointed to the Supreme court happens to have been selected by a black man. :tt2:

tourists24

Eh, most of this stuff is pretty ridiculous. Calling someone who graduated Summa cu-m Laude and at the top of her class from Princeton Law school "unintelligent"....if any of the folks making that comment actually had to discuss case law with Sotomayor in a public forum they would be in way over their heads in a hurry and probably wind up looking bad and feeling embarrased (assuming they're capable of that emotion)

hmmm,,, doesnt sound any different than those people who continuosly bashed Bush for how unintelligent he is/// Yale and Harvard graduate

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Pop Quiz - Who said the following during SCOTUS confirmation hearings:
"When I get a case about discrimination, I have to think about people in my own family who suffered discrimination because of their ethnic background or because of religion or because of gender. And I do take that into account." ?
Ya got me, but speaking of cavemen, I probaly was not old enough, or interested enough at that time to pay attention:happy2:My guess would be Thomas.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Pop Quiz - Who said the following during SCOTUS confirmation hearings:
"When I get a case about discrimination, I have to think about people in my own family who suffered discrimination because of their ethnic background or because of religion or because of gender. And I do take that into account." ?

Samual Alito

And if he believes in affirmative action, he would be wrong too.

Heck, if we reach far back enough, we can all pull the discrimination card out. My surname is Irish and historically the Irish were treated badly. If I apply for a job and am less qualified than a person who's ancestors were English, can I get preferential treatment?

moreluck

golden ticket member
"White man racist nominee would be forced to withdraw. Latina woman racist should also withdraw."

~Newt Gingrich~

diesel96

Nothing has changed for me or my friends. we rarely if ever listen to limbaugh. But yet who has suddenly vaulted Limbaugh back into the national spotlight none other then the liberal press trying to provoke some combative news stories.
We all know Rush has a hugh following of Rt Wing Dittohead's that makes him one of the most popular Conservative talking heads on the radio. Not only is his audience easily influenced but most political powerhouse's are deafly afraid of him....

There are places for liberalism in our society but when it comes to the rule of law feelings cant get in the way. The word of law is in black and white and we have too many judges that think it is their job to legislate from the bench instead of distributing justice as our four fathers, our elected officials and therefore ourselves had intended.

Is this your conclusion from conservative sound bites, or from her 4000 cases in her 17 yrs as a Federal Judge ???
This is a woman with more years on the bench than any Supreme Court nominee in the past 100 years...certainly you can find a more outlandish paper trail....

I find it strangely ironic that the first modern racist to be appointed to the Supreme court happens to have been selected by a black man. :tt2:

Out of 100 supreme court justices there have been 97 old white guys, 1 black man, and 2 women. And your complaining about racsism...:rofl:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel96

:rofl:.....If the Geico caveman says ugh... Liberal bad, conservative good....ugh....That would be an excellant post to you.....:wink2:

Excellent, not Excellant

Wel thenn Toony, ef yuor corectin me speling, thann u muust aggree withe mi poost ....gllad wui cee I to I...:wink2:

why diesel thats the same thing I said. Whats rush taking oxycotin got to do with this woman and her qualifications for the supreme court.

Cause the convicted drug addict, Rush has thrown his hat in the ring (most likely under the influence) and used his forum to discredit and slander the Judge.....Barney Frank's non-invovlement and gayness is irelevent to this discussion....How can you say it's the same thing?????

"White man racist nominee would be forced to withdraw. Latina woman racist should also withdraw."

~Newt Gingrich~

Newt issue's a halfassed apology to the judge....
http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2009/06/03/newt-gingrich-apologizes-for-calling-sotomayor-a-racist/

tieguy

Banned
We all know Rush has a hugh following of Rt Wing Dittohead's that makes him one of the most popular Conservative talking heads on the radio. Not only is his audience easily influenced but most political powerhouse's are deafly afraid of him....

who is afraid of him?

Is this your conclusion from conservative sound bites, or from her 4000 cases in her 17 yrs as a Federal Judge ???
This is a woman with more years on the bench than any Supreme Court nominee in the past 100 years...certainly you can find a more outlandish paper trail....
Out of 100 supreme court justices there have been 97 old white guys, 1 black man, and 2 women. And your complaining about racsism...

Its a relevant point. Polls show most americans are against affirmative action type quota systems. It has been a treat taking the race card out of the liberal pocket and beating them silly with it.:rofl:

Cause the convicted drug addict, Rush has thrown his hat in the ring (most likely under the influence) and used his forum to discredit and slander the Judge.....Barney Frank's non-invovlement and gayness is irelevent to this discussion....How can you say it's the same thing?????

one man developed a weakness for a prescription drug and the other for the male salami. One is as relevant as the other.

diesel96

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel96

who is afraid of him?

Well for starters, Your RNC chairman Richard Steele

Out of 100 supreme court justices there have been 97 old white guys, 1 black man, and 2 women. And your complaining about racsism...

Its a relevant point. Polls show most americans are against affirmative action type quota systems. It has been a treat taking the race card out of the liberal pocket and beating them silly with it.

Again, Sensible Americans will judge a person from their extensive career track record, and not from a single sound bite ....
Speaking at an Italian American funtion, and as a first generation Italian immigrant, Judge Scalia demonstrated that the rapid assimilation of immigrants pumps strength and vitality into this greal nation. Sounds a little affirmative action type quota to me....Hey, what sa matta you....

Scanthis

Out of 100 supreme court justices there have been 97 old white guys, 1 black man, and 2 women. And your complaining about racsism...:rofl:

.............Actually there have been 2 black men on the supreme court. Do you know who they are? Probably not but I am sure you will now use the wonders of the internet to look it up. You should have done this before you posted so that maybe it would lend some strength to your argument. And what do you have against old people? Is it their knowledge or what?

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
The problem with immigration today is we don't promote assimilation anymore. We are quickly Balkanizing this nation and if anyone thinks that is not going to be a problem down the road I ask you to look at the history of, well, the Balkans!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The problem with immigration today is we don't promote assimilation anymore. We are quickly Balkanizing this nation and if anyone thinks that is not going to be a problem down the road I ask you to look at the history of, well, the Balkans!

To think, this all started with the Vulcanization of rubber and now it's led to Balkanization of people.

UPSNewbie

Oh yikes. The word assimilation is bad mojo around these parts. Native Americans aren't fond of it.

Example: last year, there was a bill in the state senate to make English the only language in the state (taking the Spanish option away). Polls showed that it would have a high chance to pass. The Senator who wrote the bill used the word "assimilation" in one of his info speeches. Native Americans instantly said no. It never passed.

diesel96

.............Actually there have been 2 black men on the supreme court. Do you know who they are? Probably not but I am sure you will now use the wonders of the internet to look it up. You should have done this before you posted so that maybe it would lend some strength to your argument. And what do you have against old people? Is it their knowledge or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett636

I stand corrected, thank you......Well, that drops the racial ratio meter of the overall make-up of the Supreme Court down one percentage point to 96% white--2% Black--2% women.....I think my point is still valid, with or w/o the internet involved.

Don't have a problem with old people in general, but I do have a problem with no maximun retirement age for Supreme Court Judges. I saw an AP poll stating 6 out 10 Americans agree, so I'm not alone with this opinion.
The Constitution does set a minimum age in order to be president. It says no one shall be sworn in as president who has not reached the age of 35.
Back in our Founders Day, life expectancy was what, around 50.
The average age of the Supreme Court justices is 69 years old.

tieguy

Banned
Quote:

Well for starters, Your RNC chairman Richard Steele

Thought it was Michael? He is afraid of Rush? Don't think so. Michael has to keep his distance from someone as outspoken as Rush. Michael has to make sure the liberal press does not promote Rush to the leadership position of the republican party. Michael is really fighting how the press uses Rush rather then Rush himself.

Its a relevant point. Polls show most americans are against affirmative action type quota systems. It has been a treat taking the race card out of the liberal pocket and beating them silly with it.

Again, Sensible Americans will judge a person from their extensive career track record, and not from a single sound bite ....
Speaking at an Italian American funtion, and as a first generation Italian immigrant, Judge Scalia demonstrated that the rapid assimilation of immigrants pumps strength and vitality into this greal nation. Sounds a little affirmative action type quota to me....Hey, what sa matta you....

Sensible americans will also recognize the reverse discrimination issue here and wonder if Ms. Sonya is carrying some deep seated baggage. If its one blurb where she misspoke then its no big deal. Really at this point sensible americans have lost control of the issue. A rabid press and a yes politics as usual will determine if she is quailified or some type of reverse discrimation wack job.

diesel96

QUOTE=tieguy;544584]
Thought it was Michael? He is afraid of Rush? Don't think so. Michael has to keep his distance from someone as outspoken as Rush. Michael has to make sure the liberal press does not promote Rush to the leadership position of the republican party. Michael is really fighting how the press uses Rush rather then Rush himself.

yep...Micheal.....guess you can tell I don't use the Internet as much as Scanthis would like me to...lol (Richard Steele = Famous Boxing Ref)
Anyway.....Your answer kind of contradicts itself but I would have to agree with the first part, a popular radio-host with a microphone and some airtime, you should keep your distance...

Sensible americans will also recognize the reverse discrimination issue here and wonder if Ms. Sonya is carrying some deep seated baggage. If its one blurb where she misspoke then its no big deal. Really at this point sensible americans have lost control of the issue. A rabid press and a yes politics as usual will determine if she is quailified or some type of reverse discrimation wack job.[/QUOTE]

wow...I probably have to somewhat agree with you on this also....:slap:
But Over9five originally said it best.......

My personal feeling is Conservatives should be dancing. We could have done A LOT worse.