Sorting truck

Mo19072

seeking advice again.
So Friday I went out on my own after three days with sup.
I decided to follow trace and I sorted all my house stops accordingly.
After breaking off to do pick ups Orion changed the order on me so I spent time looking for packages.
Do you recommend pulling the rear shelves toward the front when I sort or just reorganize the shelves and leave packages in their spa location?
I know when I learn my area I won’t have to rely on Orion.

seeking advice again.
So Friday I went out on my own after three days with sup.
I decided to follow trace and I sorted all my house stops accordingly.
After breaking off to do pick ups Orion changed the order on me so I spent time looking for packages.
Do you recommend pulling the rear shelves toward the front when I sort or just reorganize the shelves and leave packages in their spa location?
I know when I learn my area I won’t have to rely on Orion.
You always pull your work towards the front of the truck unless it's big heavy packages, then you push them towards the rear door.

WTFm8

LOL, you ALWAYS leave packages in SPA location. Te board tells you which location to go to.

At which point are you sorting the stops to be in order? There’s no time for that

Mo19072

LOL, you ALWAYS leave packages in SPA location. Te board tells you which location to go to.

At which point are you sorting the stops to be in order? There’s no time for that
During my lunch break. I took 20 minutes to sort after my businesses and ten minutes after pick ups. So basically I’m sorting off the clock.

WTFm8

During my lunch break. I took 20 minutes to sort after my businesses and ten minutes after pick ups. So basically I’m sorting off the clock.

Common practice while qualifying... as soon as you’re qualified, dont touch any package or your DIAD.

I sort the truck when I search for missloads around 12:30... to the point I even do low to high for the streets. Takes 10-45 minutes depending on quality of load that I started with.

Feeder665

Go big or go home!
I agree with @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U

As you work and deliver, you slide up your packages into your “30 inch” selection area. If shelf 2 is clear, take 30 seconds and scoot shelf 6 up and sort it in SPA order as you move it forward onto shelf 2. That way shelf 6 becomes shelf 2 and you can select it fast, and it’s in order. Shelf 3 becomes 7. 4 becomes 8. Etc.

I got in the habit of moving them forward each time a shelf was clear, helped prevent me from working on breaks, etc as you only do a shelf at a time. Each person has their own way.

Keep asking questions. As others have said in your other thread that got off the rails, own your mistakes. Show improvement, and you’ll make it as a driver.

I agree with @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U

As you work and deliver, you slide up your packages into your “30 inch” selection area. If shelf 2 is clear, take 30 seconds and scoot shelf 6 up and sort it in SPA order as you move it forward onto shelf 2. That was shelf 6 becomes shelf 2 and you can select it fast, and it’s in order. Shelf 3 becomes 7. 4 becomes 8. Etc.

I got in the habit of moving them forward each time a shelf was clear, helped prevent me from working on breaks, etc as you only do a shelf at a time. Each person has their own way.

Keep asking questions. As others have said in your other thread that got off the rails, own your mistakes. Show improvement, and you’ll make it as a driver.
Exactly

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
By the time lunch rolls around you should have enough space in there to not have to worry about orion having you bounce around shelves. I just sort everything in perfect hin order so I know exaclty where to go. Write down irregs on a dash sticker and leave them in the back for quicker access. Sometimes when I get to a quick resis neighborhood I'll line out 5-6 stops on the floor right in front of the door. Other than that just train yourself to sort everything in perfect hin order and you should have no selection time issues.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I pull the SPA labels off oversize packages that are loaded in weird areas and stick those on my dash so I can find them fast. You do need to stop and sort sections from time to time as soon as you can make some empty shelf space. You can lose a lot of time in the back of a package car hunting for packages.

I pull the SPA labels off oversize packages that are loaded in weird areas and stick those on my dash so I can find them fast. You do need to stop and sort sections from time to time as soon as you can make some empty shelf space. You can lose a lot of time in the back of a package car hunting for packages.
Old man! You can't remember??

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Old man! You can't remember??
I have to handle 200 packages a day, one day runs into the next. Sometimes I even have to pick up a box or two. Damn Call Tags!
IMG_1323.JPG

MrBates

I love sorting ON the clock, especially during an OJS. Morning deliveries, I sort as I go to find a package. After business and bulk are done, I pull over in a shaded area, open the back door so if big brother is watching they can see that I am working, and sort the whole truck in perfect HIN order, lip loaded. Next I text in all the misloads I find because they have to be reported before lunch. The whole process takes 15 to 20 minutes at the worst.

The rest of the day, I'm just cruising at exactly the speed limit. It's just so much easier on my day when I walk to the exact spot on the shelf and it's there. When the 1000 shelf is clear, I start building the next 5-10 stops in the 30inch selection area. Tried and tested different methods, but by far this has worked the best for me. Sometimes I get back at the same time as some runner gunners that skip or work thru lunch.

Work safe and on the clock brother. Remember, if you work off the clock and burn your route, I can guarantee you the green light of death on that diad.

RuthlessSupSlayer

Sorting is a must I always sort by shelf number then once i get to that street then I'll take a second and set up that street if there is that many stops. If your residential areas are duplexes or townhomes then you could sort by number and I would always set it low to high by house number if I'm trying to get done and home. I can tell you that I tried the same thing before and things change quickly out there because you could an on demand that you have to break for and you could pass stops along the way to hit then it's all messed up. Always stay in pal orde . At least

Raw

Raw Member
I go through my car before 3pm to look for misloads and make sure pkgs are on the correct shelf but I never put pkgs in exact order as orion doesn`t deliver in order.

barnyard

KTM rider
Sort????
I slide them forward and that is about it. We are getting hammered for production in my building and there is no longer a time allowance for sorting. I used to sort and my day would be fantastic. Now every sucky day blends into the next.

KoennenTiger

If you've got a lot of apartments I write down each apartment number on an info notice with my sharpie and stick it on my hand cart so I know exactly which apartment to go to next. I do this as I stack the packages on the front floor.

Very good advice in this thread for all the upcoming seasonal guys. I do things a bit different with my route though but that's route specific.