Southern Contract Help

reyUpser

Hello, Im a FT driver out of the Dallas HUB, I have a question regarding bids..............To start off, This would be my second year as a FT driver, two weeks ago I won a building wide bid for a route because the previous driver had gotten discharged....everything is going good, except two weeks into taking the route.....HR calls me for a combo job.....I then againg said yes..., then the day after HR disquilifies me for had taking the route a couple of weeks earlier, stating that I had to stay six months on the same route. Except all routes go up for bid in the center in March, does that make me elegible for the combos again?

dogs.bite.me

My BA called me this morning.

Bidding doesn't supersede senority. For instance, a ft car washer who bid that position could be bumped by someone with more seniority, so a driver can as well. Only if there is not another route to be run and can only bump THE junior employee (meaning the one with the least seniority)

Overpaid Union Thug

Hello, Im a FT driver out of the Dallas HUB, I have a question regarding bids..............To start off, This would be my second year as a FT driver, two weeks ago I won a building wide bid for a route because the previous driver had gotten discharged....everything is going good, except two weeks into taking the route.....HR calls me for a combo job.....I then againg said yes..., then the day after HR disquilifies me for had taking the route a couple of weeks earlier, stating that I had to stay six months on the same route. Except all routes go up for bid in the center in March, does that make me elegible for the combos again?

Shouldn't your routes be up for bid now? I thought you guys were in the Southern Supplement? The Southern starting bidding the first Monday in February.

clean hairy

There are 2 lower senority drivers beneath me who bid. I chose not to bid because i know most of the gravy routes and im #2 cover driver so i pretty much get my pick.

Better than being on a city route for 2 years
Help me understand this, what I think is that Full Time Drivers are a higher classification than Cover Drivers?
A lower seniority Full Time Driver could work and a Cover driver laid off?
Not sure how this works, perhaps a person could shed some light on this?

dogs.bite.me

Help me understand this, what I think is that Full Time Drivers are a higher classification than Cover Drivers?
A lower seniority Full Time Driver could work and a Cover driver laid off?
Not sure how this works, perhaps a person could shed some light on this?
I am a full time cover driver, because I chose not to bid on a route.

I have more seniority than 2 of the bid drivers. Our BA confirmed today that my seniority supersedes their bid.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Contract doesnt say that the bid supercedes seniority. It says can "DISPLACE" junior employees

Definition of displace:

take over the place, position, or role of (someone or something)
He cant be laid off after he reports to work in the morning.....ups will try and ignore the driver, hide or do whatever they can to avoid you asking for your guaranteed 8......you have to be persistant saying you want your 8........the only person that has super senoirity isthe shop stewards usually.....whether a driver has a bid or not......right to work goes by seniority.......at least in my supplement

dogs.bite.me

He cant be laid off after he reports to work in the morning.....ups will try and ignore the driver, hide or do whatever they can to avoid you asking for your guaranteed 8......you have to be persistant saying you want your 8........the only person that has super senoirity isthe shop stewards usually.....whether a driver has a bid or not......right to work goes by seniority.......at least in my supplement
Yep, contacted my ba and after pointing her to the correct article she agreed with me and let management know.

upssouth

You cannot change jobs but every 6 months.

upssouth

Shouldn't your routes be up for bid now? I thought you guys were in the Southern Supplement? The Southern starting bidding the first Monday in February.

The president of 767 came to an agreement with the company to start on march 1st because of the 10-15 routes that had just gone up for building bid. They wanted to get everyone on their route first.

Overpaid Union Thug

The president of 767 came to an agreement with the company to start on march 1st because of the 10-15 routes that had just gone up for building bid. They wanted to get everyone on their route first.
Interesting. Why not start Feb 1 like the rest of us and get an extra four weeks of bidding in? It's not even March yet and my center is almost done. Even with all the new routes up for bid.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Interesting. Why not start Feb 1 like the rest of us and get an extra four weeks of bidding in? It's not even March yet and my center is almost done. Even with all the new routes up for bid.

Our bids also started on or around the 1st of the month and are just about done. For the most part everyone stayed on their bid areas----the one major exception was the former mall driver, who had gone to feeders, will be back on his mall route starting today. The ironic part is he only has 16 working days left before he starts the retirement process and wanted to come back to say "goodbye" to his customers. The current mall driver is not a happy camper as he has to go to bid cover during that time but is expected to get the route back.

Our center manager hopes to have all of the moves made and training completed by the end of March at the latest.

upssouth

Dallas is a large building. Probably around 350 routes in 7 or so centers. Things get complicated so I guess this was a solution that made sense for them.