Speak Up or Shut Up?

Tell them the three keys to lifting and lowering, the seven seeing habits and the one rule of backing then say look sharp don't get cut and you will be OK.

22.34life

I know a guy that told the keter guy the truth.The keter guy asks him "what do you do with a leaking package"and he replies"i dont touch, leave the area and notify a supervisor,then he comes up to the pick off and grabs the leaker and throws it down the recycle slide".The hub manager was very upset to say the least.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I know a guy that told the keter guy the truth.The keter guy asks him "what do you do with a leaking package"and he replies"i dont touch, leave the area and notify a supervisor,then he comes up to the pick off and grabs the leaker and throws it down the recycle slide".The hub manager was very upset to say the least.
Sometimes the truth hurts.

tracker2762

You should speak up, not doing so is creating a hazard for you and everyone around you. I would have followed the chain of command, starting with the offending party. There are procedures to be followed and throwing it down a slide is not one of them. He has no authority to even touch that leaker. The hub manager should be upset with the sup not the one who mentioned it. How would you feel if he did this again but this time someone got hurt because
of his actions. That's not a good feeling to have.

ikoi62

had a pt supervisor on time that didn't think any of the rules applied to him,he heard about a jam on one of the belts over the radio,ran full speed past the keter group and hub supervisor plus division manager,jump on the moving belt,ran up the belt which was about 50feet high broke the jam. ran down the belt with the "look i saved the day smile on his face" was met at the bottom by the DM and walked off the property.. was happy to see him go. :)

UnconTROLLed

perfection
had a pt supervisor on time that didn't think any of the rules applied to him,he heard about a jam on one of the belts over the radio,ran full speed past the keter group and hub supervisor plus division manager,jump on the moving belt,ran up the belt which was about 50feet high broke the jam. ran down the belt with the "look i saved the day smile on his face" was met at the bottom by the DM and walked off the property.. was happy to see him go. :)

If true, that is sad. Because that same goobie running on moving belts and etc is the same type that is teased and taunted by upper mgmt with thoughts of promotions.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
The key is in the delivery of the message. Even if it is bad news, you have to come off as being informing, not whining or complaining.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Where I've worked on the inside, UPS sends people home that don't know the commentary and etc on Keter Audit days/nights. Would YOU like a night off??!

rocket man

When the clown posse comes to town, is it better to speak up or shut up?
ask them why they are not there on a friday night? fridays are not important.? ask them why they they dont do it on weeks falling into a holiday.? ask them why they dont do there inspections on saturdays? ask them why they let the buliding know the date they are showing up? so whats your question? yea I think you should speak up please post the answer you get. :surprised:

dillweed

Back in the day I would have sounded off about what really goes on. Now I'd say what they want or nothing at all. What really counts is taking care of my own safety. If it's unsafe I won't do it and tell them why. If some :censored2: wants to climb chutes and ride conveyors it's his/her business.