Specific case of no showing

clean hairy

File for fmla or short term disability.
Otherwise, you will not have insurance for medical while you were off.
You will also be required to see a company Doc to be cleared to return to work.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hey guys! First forum post but I wanted to post a question that will be on my mind until I go back to work.

Tuesday night I have been assaulted/robbed and ended up recieving a near fatal stab wound to the neck. Due to blood loss, I have been unconscious until last night and obviously wasn't able to call in because I didn't have my phone nor was I able to because I wasn't up, which ended up being no shows. After being discharged from the hospital, I am now being told I cannot work for a week because I am mandated to go to an outpatient program for possible ptsd. I have the paperwork for this week's absence and I will have paperwork my treatment week. I have immediately let my supervisors know today earlier when I got my phone back. I work at UPS CACH in hodgekins IL. My question is...

Am I in the clear?
Screw UPS, worry about yourself. Make copies of all paperwork. Give them a copy and always keep records.

I really can't foresee anybody giving you problems in this.

I hope these scum are caught.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
How familiar are you with management?

That's why I had to throw the qualifier "rational" in there. Hopefully OP qualifies for some level of protection. If he doesn't, and they let him keep his job, it will probably be because they need him rather than because it's the right thing to do.

BiggieBrown

We've had two guys out on injury/disease/madness since September.
I heard they are getting ready to fire them.
Surely you can't just take off forever and we have to work short handed for years while you get better?

Rack em

Made the Podium
We've had two guys out on injury/disease/madness since September.
I heard they are getting ready to fire them.
Surely you can't just take off forever and we have to work short handed for years while you get better?
Management just likes to act tough and say they are firing people to scare people like you who believe them. If someone is hurt or out on disability they can be gone up to 3 years while keeping their job and seniority.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Management just likes to act tough and say they are firing people to scare people like you who believe them. If someone is hurt or out on disability they can be gone up to 3 years while keeping their job and seniority.
Agreed. We have a runner that runs scratch by 2 hrs everyday that has missed way more days this year than he's made. No way in hell the center manager will fire him. Good numbers mean more than anything in today's mgmt. Like it or not, admit it or not, it's true. Prove me wrong.

542thruNthru

We have lots of guys/girls that work 500 hours for a pension credit and then use FMLA the rest of the year.

Also have a few that go out on disability for a few years. Come back and work 6 months then go back out again.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Management just likes to act tough and say they are firing people to scare people like you who believe them.
Was in the office with an employee and supervisor and manager while I was a steward. Supervisor had a hot temper and fired the employee. The employee gathered their stuff and headed for the guard shack. Manager told me to go get the employee and bring her back. I told manager "I didn't fire her and I'm not going to go get her, and I will get her job back with backpay." Manager called guard shack to stop employee and then the manager went out and brought employee back in and she went back to work. Management playing their little games.

BiggieBrown

How the :censored2: would it scare me?
I wish they would fire them so they stop taking up a slot and we can get some guys who can actually work in here.
Yeah :censored2: happens, feel bad for ya, but I'm not here to do the job of 3 men while you ride the bench for a year because you make stupid decisions in your free time.