Speed

Birdblue

I was wondering can I get fired for being too slow my supervisor asks me and other loaders periodically what is are scan count and writes it down on a speed sheet and I’m usually the last one on the sheet even though I’m truly trying to go fast and I didn’t know if management could use that against me in order to fire me?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I was wondering can I get fired for being too slow my supervisor asks me and other loaders periodically what is are scan count and writes it down on a speed sheet and I’m usually the last one on the sheet even though I’m truly trying to go fast and I didn’t know if management could use that against me in order to fire me?

Can’t believe they haven’t already fired you

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
There are two aspects of loading package cars: being able to quickly sort per-car and walk in with an armful of things at a time and being able to effectively use the space of the package car to maintain delivery order.

Of those two. Keeping the package cars orgainized is hellava lot more important to your drivers than the sort efficiencies.

If they want preloaders to not walk in with a single envelope at a time, train them.

There are two aspects of loading package cars: being able to quickly sort per-car and walk in with an armful of things at a time and being able to effectively use the space of the package car to maintain delivery order.

Of those two. Keeping the package cars orgainized is hellava lot more important to your drivers than the sort efficiencies.

If they want preloaders to not walk in with a single envelope at a time, train them.
To the preload manager and his sups the most important thing is to get the packages out of the trailers, onto the belts and load into a package car. The rest is someone else's problem. I have seen FT sups loading oversize with a bad PAL that they knew was bad just to clear the belts and get the drivers out the door. Of course I make bank cleaning up their mistakes so ain't no big deal to me.

Birdblue

Then why do they do it then if it’s not to fire a loader? Why does my supervisor go on about it then as well as doing it?

El Correcto

god is dead
If they intimidate you about speed tell them to hire more people if they want it done faster.

Not your concern once you make it out probation and are union.

El Correcto

god is dead
Then why do they do it then if it’s not to fire a loader? Why does my supervisor go on about it then as well as doing it?
It’s part of the mind games. They got nothing besides useless paper work, sign nothing and ask for a steward if you don’t want to talk to them.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

I'd really like to go off on this guy and smack the pisss out of him for all these stupid threads, but I'm starting to think this OP is actually and legitimately mentally challenged, so now I'm feeling bad for him and want to help him out. OP, where do you work so I can get some of the fellas together and have ourselves a little fun with your supe.

Heavy Package

I was wondering can I get fired for being too slow my supervisor asks me and other loaders periodically what is are scan count and writes it down on a speed sheet and I’m usually the last one on the sheet

You'll be fine. Here's your competition for PT workers at UPS...

allens-landing-homeless.jpg

lolbr

Speed is an issue of the full time supervisor as his bonus relies on certain metrics. It's an issue for the part time supervisors because they don't have union protection for their jobs when the workers aren't fast enough. Aside from intentionally working too slow, which could be considered stealing time, union workers have no speed requirements.

What most part time workers don't realize is: they will get faster the longer they do a job, shortcuts taken at the beginning of the shift will likely cost time over the course of the shift. For instance the biggest slowdown I see people cause for themselves is stacking out packages. Sure it's faster than loading them, but then they spend extra time squeezing by them slowly to keep from knocking the stack over. Not only that, but you still are going to have to spend the time to load them later.

Just follow the methods, work safe, and you'll get faster.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
20180921_084251.png