Splitter Shoulder and back problems

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
No but the 3$ raise will make me feel as though I’m getting paid what I should be and then I’ll just suck it up
Need to suck it up and wait it out anyway.
Ur out of shape. Look into ur lifting and lowering technique cuz something youre doing is causing that. Dont lift anything over 70, at least not without help.
Go see a chyropractor and a doctor for ur shoulder and back pains.
You may have an injury do to work or obviously work related so go to ur union rep to see if you have options as far being compensated by the company. DO NOT GO TO A SUPERVISOR, ask a shop steward or call ur local.
But i usually see a chyropractor once a week, and i dont lift anything thats too heavy for me cuz i did sustain a back injury working preload.
Good luck.

Also workout outside of work to help condition and strengthen ur body. We got some ripped 40 year olds in my building, rawr

jimmyboy

Ur out of shape. Look into ur lifting and lowering technique cuz something youre doing is causing that. Dont lift anything over 70, at least not without help.
You may have an injury do to work or obviously work related so go to ur union rep to see if you have options as far being compensated by the company. DO NOT GO TO A SUPERVISOR, ask a shop steward or call ur local.
But i usually see a chyropractor once a week, and i dont lift anything thats too heavy for me cuz i did sustain a back injury working preload.
Good luck.

Also workout outside of work to help condition and strengthen ur body. We got some ripped 40 year olds in my building, rawr
Its not the lifting packages thats messing up my shoulder its splitting.

There really is no right way to split without getting injured, there’s so many packages coming and they’re always pushing you to pick off more and more, its the constant turning left and right and throwing packages to the splitter across me when I have to that is making me injured

MarvelousMunata

Its not the lifting packages thats messing up my shoulder its splitting.

There really is no right way to split without getting injured, there’s so many packages coming and they’re always pushing you to pick off more and more, its the constant turning left and right and throwing packages to the splitter across me when I have to that is making me injured
Work safe, use the methods.
Theyll try to make you work fast but you dont need to be fast. Be safe. The moment you get hurt from working the way they want, theyll claim it was ur own fault.
See if you can work another position or different shift if u need to.
Just dont quit. There are long term benefits from working at ups.

jimmyboy

Work safe, use the methods.
Theyll try to make you work fast but you dont need to be fast. Be safe. The moment you get hurt from working the way they want, theyll claim it was ur own fault.
See if you can work another position or different shift if u need to.
Just dont quit. There are long term benefits from working at ups.
My plan was to quit as soon as I get my benefits, no way am I working for them long term. The ultimate goal is to go to trade school and leave UPS forever

rod

Retired 22 years
Damn-I'll be 71 Thursday and it appears I'm in much better shape than you. Seriously---find a less strenuous job.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Been working at UPS for almost a year now but don’t think I can make it to a year and get my benefits. Usually have shoulder pains every week when splitting which goes away with resting over the weekend.

Haven’t worked in the past 5 days due to sickness and am starting to get more and more pains, this has never happened.

Im only a teenager and I have shoulder and back pains like im 40, ...

Looks like you have 2 choices (maybe more).
Quit UPS
or
Strengthen the muscles that are bothering you with exercise and stretching.

jimmyboy

Hey i work at ups and have some good ass insurance, better than most people i know.
Idky people act like working at ups is a bad thing. Some loaders and drivers are bankin it. Raises every year, union, insurance. Whaaaaaaaaaat!
I dont think Ups is bad I was mostly getting at how they basically hire anyone, or atleast at my warehouse thats how it is

MarvelousMunata

I dont think Ups is bad I was mostly getting at how they basically hire anyone, or atleast at my warehouse thats how it is
Yea, hows that bad?
I think its bad when they hire anyone into management. They used to have requirements for that...but loading? Im glad theyre open. Those who cant or dont wana work either dont apply or quit shortly after their hire date.
I shocked a few people. Ever see someone load in a dress

P

pickup

Good luck.

Question, I just started using a chiropractor and i get 12 visits covered by my insurance plan with a 10 dollar payment per visit.

I assume your medical is similar and since you go once a week , I assume you are paying out of pocket completely at some point.

How much are you paying ?if you don’t mind me asking because I can see myself going past 12 visits in a calendar year.

MarvelousMunata

Question, I just started using a chiropractor and i get 12 visits covered by my insurance plan with a 10 dollar payment per visit.

I assume your medical is similar and since you go once a week , I assume you are paying out of pocket completely at some point.

How much are you paying ?if you don’t mind me asking because I can see myself going past 12 visits in a calendar year.
I dont pay anything.
Certain places will take the insurance n you wont have to pay out of pocket.
Ask if there are any locations near you that do