Spokane Airport UPS Rocks !

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I appreciate this attitude in a management person.

Would you be willing to answer the following questions?

Do you lift every package that you handle according to UPS training for lifting and lowering that you received?

Does every one of your coworkers lift every package that they handle according to UPS training for lifting and lowering that you received?

Thanks.
Shut up mr FAKE persona. Go away man

Heavy Package

Have my first week under my belt as a package handler, and all I can say is my experience so far with UPS is nothing like so many of the posts I have read through out the forum.

Are you female? How hot are u? This would help clarify a lot of things from your post. Thank you in advance and Merry Christmas.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Airports are NOT package car based HUBs. Whole different mindset and way of life. Airports are where you generally go to retire from UPS life.

The drivers laugh at what we do.

Airport is more heavy machines and pulling. Lots more safety at play. But generally less repetitive.
Work faster. You are holding up our paid day

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
And now a Wallation™:

You are a BrownCafe fake, phony, fraud! Please shut up! Your on screen-Pollyanna persona is sickening.I wants you to leave this forum permanently.

I've met people like him. I don't doubt that his internet persona is all that different from how he is IRL.

Safety training is safety training,
Zero tolerance. Not impossible.

Unfortunately, the UPS standards and methods for safe lifting and lowering are based on OSHA guidelines, which are based on dogmatic nonsense that isn't supported by any real science. If you actually lift according to the methods over the long term, you are far more likely to end up with a debilitating condition.

Box_Troll

I went to our airport 2 times a day to pull air trailers. The people who unloaded the planes in to air trailers (containers) were another company (Evergreen) There were Evergreen bosses, but UPS supervisors gave the orders.

Same sort of thing at Spokane airport.. A company called, "Signature" unloads the aircraft, they also load the smaller feeder planes that go to a few smaller towns around the State.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I've met people like him. I don't doubt that his internet persona is all that different from how he is IRL.

Unfortunately, the UPS standards and methods for safe lifting and lowering are based on OSHA guidelines, which are based on dogmatic nonsense that isn't supported by any real science. If you actually lift according to the methods over the long term, you are far more likely to end up with a debilitating condition.
IMO This would make a great topic for a discussion thread.

Dr.Brownz

You've only been here a week and you've judged the whole company? Give us an update in a year. Then tell me how much you love the place. I was training a 1st day new hire yesterday on a route (289 stops.)
He quit in the middle of the day. Made him take a uber back to the building. Next!

Sounds like you are bad at training. Either that or by "hot girl" you mean obese woman.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Have my first week under my belt as a package handler, and all I can say is my experience so far with UPS is nothing like so many of the posts I have read through out the forum.
Cool avatar!
77805.jpg