Stacking another drivers helper hours on my report to improve my numbers!

Driveslayer

I'm in bonus center! How the "friend" can I enjoy that money as some of you suggest when I didn't earn it AND don't want nothing to do with it. It's stealing from one person and giving it undeservingly to another person strictly to make a managers numbers look better. To those of you with gave the morally correct advice I commend you! When the paychecks tell the rest of the story on Friday I will pursue the correct path, but either way I will not deal with my division and on downward. The 1-800 hotline does work if you have a legit argument and always send any documents to the Atlanta address the hotline will provide you. It won't be ignored. Just won a significant case thru the hotline and mgrs were reprimanded. Took 4 months but well worth it. Sorry to seem soft in my first post, but there seems to be a lot of employees that seem to enjoy having their rights stepped on. I am really shocked they did this with me. They know I will quietly and patiently pursue a outcome.

Driveslayer

No manager wants to do an ojs ride with me. I deliver way out in the swamplands with very little cell signal. They know I can get a little bi-polar. They know I deliver to some pretty volatile anti-social militia and hate groups that are pretty good guys once you get to know them. They know I will pull up next to a cottonmouth and take my break. Passenger door of course!

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I have a rural route with about 300 miles a day.

Route is ridiculously tight.

original.jpg

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Throwing extra stops on someone will obviously improve their numbers. But a helper won't improve your numbers. On the contrary it will destroy your numbers. We have a guy who will no lie bonus 3 hours everyday. With a helper up to almost scratch.

The more common thing to improve numbers is to delete driver releases. That will buy a bit of time. Adding stops is just stupid because eventually someone will look at the report and know that things just don't add up.

underworked1

Throwing extra stops on someone will obviously improve their numbers. But a helper won't improve your numbers. On the contrary it will destroy your numbers. We have a guy who will no lie bonus 3 hours everyday. With a helper up to almost scratch.

The more common thing to improve numbers is to delete driver releases. That will buy a bit of time. Adding stops is just stupid because eventually someone will look at the report and know that things just don't add up.
Yeah this. I can do 240 stops and be in at a little after 6 and be 1.5hours over. By myself I can do 160 and be in at 5 and be an hour under on the same route. Helpers destroy your numbers

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I'm in bonus center! How the "friend" can I enjoy that money as some of you suggest when I didn't earn it AND don't want nothing to do with it. It's stealing from one person and giving it undeservingly to another person strictly to make a managers numbers look better. To those of you with gave the morally correct advice I commend you! When the paychecks tell the rest of the story on Friday I will pursue the correct path, but either way I will not deal with my division and on downward. The 1-800 hotline does work if you have a legit argument and always send any documents to the Atlanta address the hotline will provide you. It won't be ignored. Just won a significant case thru the hotline and mgrs were reprimanded. Took 4 months but well worth it. Sorry to seem soft in my first post, but there seems to be a lot of employees that seem to enjoy having their rights stepped on. I am really shocked they did this with me. They know I will quietly and patiently pursue a outcome.
No manager wants to do an ojs ride with me. I deliver way out in the swamplands with very little cell signal. They know I can get a little bi-polar. They know I deliver to some pretty volatile anti-social militia and hate groups that are pretty good guys once you get to know them. They know I will pull up next to a cottonmouth and take my break. Passenger door of course!
Bringing it up to the offending sup accomplished nothing except letting them off the hook!

For a big strong Teamster, you keep on forgetting the Golden Rule
As long as the numbers on your paycheck are right, theirs don't matter.
200.gif

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Don't see how adding helper time can improve your over/under. Helpers are the kiss of death in a Bonus Center.

Exactly. Using a helper reduces your paid day for the increased workload. I am usually an 1.5 hours over allowed when using a helper while during the rest of the year I am under allowed. The other day did 175 rural stops, 150 miles and finished 172 over allowed. Should have been a 14 hr day any other day of the year. Was not even a 12 with the helper.
Just don't see how adding helper numbers to a time card makes it look better. Not my experience.

9.5er

They added 75 stops to my day yesterday. Changed my day from a 9 hr to and 11.5 hour day. Made over 2 hours bonus because of them.
I've done my part and told them they were over paying my by doing this. They keep on doing it so I'll take the check to the bank.

9.5 everyday

It's an integrity issue. Ups will try and fire you for even the smallest mistake, but it's ok for the same guy to fudge numbers? I would personally have an issue with it. Bonus or not.

9.5 everyday

There should be absolutely no reason to change numbers for managements benefit. If they did their job properly, and staff properly, they wouldn't need to be doing this.

UPS Lifer

Over 20+ years as a Ups driver so I thought I've seen it all. I have a rural route with about 300 miles a day. I have no helper nor do I need one. Route is ridiculously tight. If you do speed limit, work efficiently while following 340 and Safe work methods you will be 1.5 hours over allowed. That being said I am quite a bit over everyday. Last week I noticed on report I'm running an hour or more under. The reports shows I've used a helper. It also shows my stop count up about 50 stops more than what I've actually did. I asked some oms clerks about it and they reluctantly told me they were instructed by management to make these adjustments in computer. So today I talked to a driver who uses 2 helpers a day He has been missing numbers for one of his helpers and he has been running about scratch. We did the math and easily came to the conclusion that mgmt is redirecting numbers to make my numbers look good. We are waiting to see what our paychecks reflect Friday morning. Either way it's got to be illegal and definitely immoral. Any thoughts! I'm so used to ups sweeping the illegal stuff under the rug, but this needs higher up attention!
-
  1. What is a clerk doing inputting driver stats in the computer? I thought that was a management function - at the least a part-time supervisor.
  2. It sounds like time card manipulation but before accusing anyone - Go to the manager (not a supervisor) and let him/her know there is a mistake. If he/she tells you not to worry about it let loss prevention know (quietly) what has happened. They will quietly do an investigation (or they should). I watched a manager lose his job for this.
You are a 20 year driver - You know this is wrong - if someone did it on purpose - Go outside the center and get LP or Security involved.

browned out

What they are doing is considered falsification of records.. Many drivers have been fired over limited falsifacation that doesnt come close to the malfeasance that mgmt is doing in your case. Management should not be above the integrity standards. Keep documentation of everything and call the helpline. Type the name Skidmark in the search bar and explore what the end result of his.
falsification of records termination was. Hopefully the thread has not been taken down.

9.5 everyday

What they are doing is considered falsification of records.. Many drivers have been fired over limited falsifacation that doesnt come close to the malfeasance that mgmt is doing in your case. Management should not be above the integrity standards. Keep documentation of everything and call the helpline. Type the name Skidmark in the search bar and explore what the end result of his.
falsification of records termination was. Hopefully the thread has not been taken down.
Had a center manager do this a few years ago during peak. He was falsifying missed pieces. He was fired.