Staggering my time

CRG817

the last 2 months I've been told start time is 15 to 30 minutes later then actual start time. If I clock in on time they change my time anyways. Each week has been 2 hours taken from my work time. I'm not the only one this is happening to. I've been told they are doing it I've stated i need the hours to pay bills. I've got seniority over the group that gets to start on time. Even if I miss a day for sickness the time is still cut. I've talked to the steward and told file a grievance but I just don't know if that's what I should do. I now can't pay my full rent this month cause of it. 13 to 15 hours from 20 to 21. any ideas on this?

the last 2 months I've been told start time is 15 to 30 minutes later then actual start time. If I clock in on time they change my time anyways. Each week has been 2 hours taken from my work time. I'm not the only one this is happening to. I've been told they are doing it I've stated i need the hours to pay bills. I've got seniority over the group that gets to start on time. Even if I miss a day for sickness the time is still cut. I've talked to the steward and told file a grievance but I just don't know if that's what I should do. I now can't pay my full rent this month cause of it. 13 to 15 hours from 20 to 21. any ideas on this?
You should have no less than 17.5 hours. You are guaranteed 3.5 hours a day.

or, 3 hours if under Art 40
I like my answer better.

nC6lgtOUaepCU.gif

CRG817

Right that's what I'm supposed to get but not even close. I can pay rent if I get the 17 each week. I figured it would stop since we're rolling into march. I even cover 3 to 4 trailers a day because of low staff. Monday it was timed to see how long it took the shoot to fill up from start and was 25 minutes. So today I was told 30 minutes less from start. I just don't get it. Not like they need to save money. This past week a new group of hires running around like um ok. This my last week of tolerance for it. Just don't want to be that bitch cause I Love my job but damn. Go from peak money to this is wack

Right that's what I'm supposed to get but not even close. I can pay rent if I get the 17 each week. I figured it would stop since we're rolling into march. I even cover 3 to 4 trailers a day because of low staff. Monday it was timed to see how long it took the shoot to fill up from start and was 25 minutes. So today I was told 30 minutes less from start. I just don't get it. Not like they need to save money. This past week a new group of hires running around like um ok. This my last week of tolerance for it. Just don't want to be that bitch cause I Love my job but damn. Go from peak money to this is wack
You can't expect peak money all year, you need to bank that extra for the slow times.

But if guys with less seniority than you ate getting more hours, definitely file a grievance.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Read up on your language and file the art. numbers. Getting 3.5 hours, displacing a lower seniority employee with earlier start times, and most importantly posted schedule and notification are all buried in there. Use upsrising app for a contract search.

Cap your budget at 18 hours, I just made sushi at home, cost $1 per roll (8 pc) to make at home compared to $7-8 at store.

Every day go in and say you want those three things to happen so that the penalty pay can apply for each day that is not recognised by your sup.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Read up on your language and file the art. numbers. Getting 3.5 hours, displacing a lower seniority employee with earlier start times, and most importantly posted schedule and notification are all buried in there. Use upsrising app for a contract search.

Cap your budget at 18 hours, I just made sushi at home, cost $1 per roll (8 pc) to make at home compared to $7-8 at store.

Every day go in and say you want those three things to happen so that the penalty pay can apply for each day that is not recognised by your sup.

Canned tuna?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

Eel or Salmon?

Here in the Midwest (can't get good seafood to save our lives unless you want to pay $30/pound) the go to is beef steaks stripped and marinated 2+ days with carrots and asparagus) and that is at home.

The restaurants have ALL gone to "blends." No more full pieces of Salmon or Eel in the rolls!!

I cry weekly when my kids ask to go to ____ our favorite Sushi place.

RolloTony Brown Town

You have the contract. Use it. You’re guaranteed 3.5. If junior employees are starting before you then tell them you want to displace that employee. Then file each time it continues to happen and make free money. For that matter when you see supervisors working file a sups working grievance. A couple of those and you’ll be rolling in it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Can’t pay rent this month but don’t know if you should file for money you’re owed.

You’re an all star. UPS loves you

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
You make $53/hr ?
oops.
I forgot to add that it is 17 hours EACH WEEK FOR 4 WEEKS is close to $900.
Eel or Salmon?

Here in the Midwest (can't get good seafood to save our lives unless you want to pay $30/pound) the go to is beef steaks stripped and marinated 2+ days with carrots and asparagus) and that is at home.

The restaurants have ALL gone to "blends." No more full pieces of Salmon or Eel in the rolls!!

I cry weekly when my kids ask to go to ____ our favorite Sushi place.
I used eel for the first 10 and tuna some relatives caught and canned last summer for the next 10.

Last edited:

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
I would file a grievance for every day you were sent home under 3.5 hours, every time you were sent home before somebody with lower seniority, and keep an eye out for supervisors working (especially around the sort aisle). That’s easy money.

wayfair

swollen member
17 hours is close to $900 take-home and the cheapest available apartment near the hub is $900/month. You could cut that in half by renting a room in somebody's house. Or living over 15 miles out in my case.

Hold up, what's the pay rate??

17x$10=$170x4.3=$731 before taxes.