staples delivery

dcdriver

nations capital
Anyone delivering more Staples boxes. Heard they where closing their delivery service. All staples will come UPS or UPS Freight(orders over 500lbs)

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
They need to stop putting "Please deliver to front desk or office" on the packages. They get delivered where everything else does.

outta hours

I deliver in a small town that is not serviced by any office supply delivery system. I average between 5-25 cases of paper per day. The guy next to me does several schools that all order at one time. On those days he gets 65-70 cases of paper. Gives you something to look forward to.

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
I deliver in a small town that is not serviced by any office supply delivery system. I average between 5-25 cases of paper per day. The guy next to me does several schools that all order at one time. On those days he gets 65-70 cases of paper. Gives you something to look forward to.

You and your partners arms must be in great shape!!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
That's cool. Guess I'll be the biggest guy in my center. I already deliver 50lb magazine boxes to Barnes N Noble. What's a few more cases of paper on the route? Good comment about fragile and this end up.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Anyone delivering more Staples boxes. Heard they where closing their delivery service. All staples will come UPS or UPS Freight(orders over 500lbs)
Heard that story some months ago.
Since a lot of our former mgt types (ie; canned managers ) work at Staples it makes me wonder why they shut down their delivery service.

New Englander

Heard that story some months ago.
Since a lot of our former mgt types (ie; canned managers ) work at Staples it makes me wonder why they shut down their delivery service.

Two highest costs of a transportation company? Payroll and Fuel. I'm guessing a company like Staples found it's much cheaper for someone with a vested interest in their customer counter that already performs that service to deliver the packages.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Barnes and Noble is a ground floor rear door delivery. ;)
Yeah, but the receiving person is a 60 year old lady and I have to unload all the pkgs from my TP60 onto my handcart and then bring them into receiving area and unload regular stuff in one area and mags in another:dead:.
Back when I was a cover driver there was a guy there that you would just slam stuff out to and he would take it inside. So even though it's rear door and stuff the ease is gone. No complaints though, seeing as I'm bigger and stronger than ever. If you want to see my load, go here and scroll down to pictures I have posted from work. http://www.webbedtogether.blogspot.com

New Englander

Now expect 5 or 6 cases of paper going to the second or third floor offices with no elevators :)

I'll take a bulk stop of books to ground floor any day!

Mike Hawk

drought.jpg

lol