Start in Warehouse or Seasonal?

Dude shut up. You know nothing about ups. You never worked there...and another thing, there is not one single up warehouse in the US. They are called hubs! Nothing is stored there but info notices and old piss bottles.
bro HUBS is another lame term for warehouse a distribution center. In maryland there is one in each town.

You absolutely know nothing of what you are talking about lol. Never post anything about UPS. Ever. 23 an hour?? Thats for starters bud..
i just turned down an offer for $15.50 per hour. I also just quit amazon over night doing a megashift from 1am-12pm for $17.90 per hour. The workload wasn't a lot but I couldn't stay awake past 6am. Apparently amazon is reducing is workforce by giving most workers fulltime mega shifts overnight only at its delivery stations. I'm assuming amazon will be doing this at all its warehouse. Heard they are even shutting down some warehouse while opening newer warehouses.

FozziesDeliveries

I applied tried to apply at fedex and Amazon as a delivery driver, they require commercial driving experience even if you don't have a CDL, they require work background driving with references that include name and phone number.
Your suggestion that I start off as a warehouse worker to become a delivery driver doesn't make sense.
What they require for a delivery driver is to have a clean driving record and to drive quickly to the delivery locations without getting lost or having a crash while driving a large van. Many people can't drive a large van even if they have a regular driver license.
If you can drive a large van without running over things or crashing into cars and are familiar with the roads than you should apply for a delivery position however, if you suck at driving and have never driven a white box size truck size van than you shouldn't apply for the delivery position cause you gonna end up crashing it and getting fired. For instance if you miss an exit and get lost your going to be screwed around trying to move around with a huge delivery truck trying to get to a location to either pick up the packages or deliver them. And people are usually waiting for the delivery driver esp. business locations.
UPS doesn't care if you can lift boxes, that's why they have the low paying job for those warehouse workers. Delivery driver requires being able to drive not being able to lift boxes.

bro either you can drive a large commercial delivery van or you can't. If you never have driven a commercial van than you shouldn't apply for such a job. If you do know how to drive a delivery van than it would be ridiculous applying for a warehouse position in order to drive a van which you already know how to. I think UPS does train people on how to use a delivery van in that case than for the training than you should but you would be better off at renting a uhaul box truck and practicing driving on it.
Cool story bro.... how about we refer to the OP, which is who i was trying to give advice for.......
Here it is.....
Hi everyone -

I am looking to have a driving career with UPS and am looking for advice on a few things:

Should I take a job in the warehouse and see how it goes?

Or should I take a shot at doing seasonal hoping O get a permanent position?

Also, is UPS requiring vaccine mandates for all employees at this point?

Any advice helps. Thanks,

I have seen alot of people get hired and not realize what they are getting into at this job and what the company expects and they end up quitting quick. If the OP wants to get into a career driving at UPS then i feel my advice will work, it is what i did but everyone is different 🤷‍♂️

and yes, if they suck at driving they shouldn't be applying for a driving position.

Cool story bro.... how about we refer to the OP, which is who i was trying to give advice for.......
Here it is.....

I have seen alot of people get hired and not realize what they are getting into at this job and what the company expects and they end up quitting quick. If the OP wants to get into a career driving at UPS then i feel my advice will work, it is what i did but everyone is different 🤷‍♂️

and yes, if they suck at driving they shouldn't be applying for a driving position.
well all delivery drivers for UPS, FEDEX, DHL AND AMAZON are required to unload a truck full of boxes when delivering before end of shift. If they just want drive around maybe they should get a CDL where they only have to drive from one location to another so that someone can unload the truck while they sit in the Semi waiting to drive off.

In my honest opinion if you can drive a delivery van for UPS during all kinds of weather like ice and snow than you should just get a CDL where you get paid more and you don't have to do any work. This is one major thing that has prevented me from even getting a CDL having to drive in icy conditions and in heavy snow risking my life.

Here it is.....

all these warehouses get plagued by lazy workers, they have to much of relaxed hiring process that they end up hiring the wrong workers that don't want to work.

BeachBoy

How do you get 50 hrs/wk without double shifting and non-peak? I’m lucky to get 30
I'm in a major hub and have PT seniority. I start several hours b fore anyone else on my boxline, even before my supes. I load package cars for my first few hours, then I throw my irregs for 5 or so hours, then I clerk for an hour or so, and then I, being the last hourly on the line, make sure everything that needs to be done is done. Saturday, 6th punch, 10 hours or so, all at OT.

StackedOut’n’Vibing

cardboard peasant
I'm in a major hub and have PT seniority. I start several hours b fore anyone else on my boxline, even before my supes. I load package cars for my first few hours, then I throw my irregs for 5 or so hours, then I clerk for an hour or so, and then I, being the last hourly on the line, make sure everything that needs to be done is done. Saturday, 6th punch, 10 hours or so, all at OT.
That’s good to know thanks. Did you have to ask for training for the tasks you have outside of loading the package cars? I want to stay in preload but am wondering how I could get more training to get more hours eventually. Only started this summer so I’m gonna get through peak before deciding anything but am curious how to diversify my tasks inside the hub eventually. I’m at a major hub as well

BeachBoy

That’s good to know thanks. Did you have to ask for training for the tasks you have outside of loading the package cars? I want to stay in preload but am wondering how I could get more training to get more hours eventually. Only started this summer so I’m gonna get through peak before deciding anything but am curious how to diversify my tasks inside the hub eventually. I’m at a major hub as well
You can ask, but I learned mostly on my own. The more skills you have, the more they will utilize you. Ask questions. Befriend your clerk, your supes, as long as they are not just total tools. Most realize I'm there to make their jobs easier. Above all, be competent and not complacent.

FozziesDeliveries

well all delivery drivers for UPS, FEDEX, DHL AND AMAZON are required to unload a truck full of boxes when delivering before end of shift. If they just want drive around maybe they should get a CDL where they only have to drive from one location to another so that someone can unload the truck while they sit in the Semi waiting to drive off.

In my honest opinion if you can drive a delivery van for UPS during all kinds of weather like ice and snow than you should just get a CDL where you get paid more and you don't have to do any work. This is one major thing that has prevented me from even getting a CDL having to drive in icy conditions and in heavy snow risking my life.
14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg

How did we jump from loading trucks to driving package cars to driving semis.... yeah there is more money going into feeders.

THIS UPS DRIVER BELOW DESERVES A MEDAL FOR SHOWING ALL THE DETAILS OF BEING A UPS DELIVERY DRIVER

Technically your driving a commercial van the size of white box truck. They could of choosen a box truck but choose a van. Anyway, you have to drive in all weather conditions. When it snows and becomes ice slippery you gonna have a rough drive and a rough day. Getting to work byself is hard at snowy or icy days now imagine having to drive a truck thru out a snowy week or icy week.
If your gonna take that big of a risk, you might well as get a CDL which pays more. We get it your a veteran UPS driver earning 45$ per hour but all the newbie Seasonal drivers are only offered 21$ per hour.

There's my problem why would I drive to get paid 21$ seasonal for UPS taking all the risk during winter season most likely to get laid of after new years day. I was trying to get a CDL and if I choose the delivery route I might as well get into SEMI with the BIG BOYS THE REAL DELIVERY DRIVERS.

Last edited:
Wasn’t it like that for every hub? I had to wait like 90 days or something
based on the youtube video, no thanks. I thought all you had to do was delivering packages to residential houses but your have to deliver skids to commercial properties and pick up more skid of boxes from those same stores and departments. This is means have to load a bunch of boxes on a manual truck than having to walk long distances to a store like a macy's inside a mall. As an amazon delivery all you have to do is deliver small-medium size boxes to residential places and than your done.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
based on the youtube video, no thanks. I thought all you had to do was delivering packages to residential houses but your have to deliver skids to commercial properties and pick up more skid of boxes from those same stores and departments. This is means have to load a bunch of boxes on a manual truck than having to walk long distances to a store like a macy's inside a mall. As an amazon delivery all you have to do is deliver small-medium size boxes to residential places and than your done.

If you don’t want to drive you can work inside it’s easier.

Ups is better though.
I don't even lift a box at amazon, just walk around while pulling some things around with a manual pallet jack. They got rid of the forklifts in most of the buildings. They do have unloading trucks, i avoid that place and let the newbies work themselves out. Most I know that work in unloading trailers quit.
But amazon warehouses are big and you get disrespected easily by the management. Its not like in UPS where all the managers and workers know each other cause they are hubs- small warehouses. In amazon you have to watch out for your paid time off hours or you get terminated. I'm going to be honest I avoid working at the fulliflment center - that's where they have the most strict rules and where they keep track of all your work.

Last edited:

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
I don't even lift a box at amazon, just walk around while pulling some things around with a manual pallet jack. They got rid of the forklifts in most of the buildings. They do have unloading trucks, i avoid that place and let the newbies work themselves out. Most I know that work in unloading trailers quit.
But amazon warehouses are big and you get disrespected easily by the management. Its not like in UPS where all the managers and workers know each other cause they are hubs- small warehouses. In amazon you have to watch out for your paid time off hours or you get terminated. I'm going to be honest I avoid working at the fulliflment center - that's where they have the most strict rules and where they keep track of all your work.
You sound like a diversity hire

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member

I don’t interact with my management so idk what you mean by “know each other”. Amazon sucks bro, I’m sensing some trolling but maybe it worked out for you so congrats I guess

StackedOut’n’Vibing

cardboard peasant
I love this dude pops up in every thread and butts in talking about Amazon when nobody here gives a :censored2:. On par with that other guy that complains about being bullied all the time and uses … for all his grammar