Start Time - New Seasonal Driver

LuLu

1. just started and am asked to arrive at 7:45am for the shift. I am seasonal and have a box truck. Daily I have to rearrange my truck for delivery and am putting in time prior to my allowed 8:50 clock in time. Is this correct? Do they want you there early, but you dont get paid or clock in when you arrive?

LuLu

Do you know why they would enforce a 7:45 arrival then, but start time is 8:50? I am new to the game and trying to figure how to play

Box Ox

Do you know why they would enforce a 7:45 arrival then, but start time is 8:50? I am new to the game and trying to figure how to play

Your management team are idiots. Call the UPS Help Line to anonymously report that seasonal drivers at your location are being told to work off the clock from 7:45AM-8:50 AM. Can also file a report online.

See: UPS Helpline

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Clock in when you arrive, if they don’t let you, don’t work. It’s that simple. Not only are they screwing you out of money, but hiding possible DOT violations.

And that’s before all the union stuff kicks in.

Box Ox

Clock in when you arrive, if they don’t let you, don’t work. It’s that simple. Not only are they screwing you out of money, but hiding possible DOT violations.

If you have a diad

Change the start time in it

I went straight to the hotline suggestion because this is a seasonal employee that can be let go for any reason. If I were OP I’d rather report it than do what a permanent employee would.

LuLu

Yes seasonal, but also have to be in a safety meeting each morning prior to start that is off the clock as well. Is this how it is?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
He is a seasonal driver. He has no recourse on or off the clock.

The OP is still afforded the protection of workman's compensation.

Yes seasonal, but also have to be in a safety meeting each morning prior to start that is off the clock as well. Is this how it is?

Have you even bothered asking the bosses you report to or did you just jump on here hoping we all know everything about your situation. Sounds like you are being told to report for the safety crap which, in that case, the managers would be inputting your time.

Again, another good reason to be talking to your own people.