Starting my training route next tuesday, any suggestions?

today i worked thru my lunch and only had 13 resi stops to do after my 15 p/ups..im hoping i scratched.. sup made me sign something today sayn i was 2hrs over on friday,, maybe because i clock in at like 745 is why i am over so much each day
Dont let It to your head. keep working hard!
Keep your truck organized. dont chitty chat to the customers! and DONT GO TOO FAST!

That's where a lot of rookies make the mistakes.
You pass up a stop or you grab the wrong package. or you only take one package,when the stop has two.

Good luck...dont worry,most of us sucked too,when we started!

novadriver

Dont let It to your head. keep working hard!
Keep your truck organized. dont chitty chat to the customers! and DONT GO TOO FAST!

That's where a lot of rookies make the mistakes.
You pass up a stop or you grab the wrong package. or you only take one package,when the stop has two.

Good luck...dont worry,most of us sucked too,when we started!

abusiness customer gave me a pkg i delivered to wrong address today loll... i promptly took it next door and redelivered it...

novadriver

It happens,usually when you running....faster than your brain can work!

Smooth and steady!

Then one day.....it will just "click" and you will almost know,what you are doing!
i think i felt like that today.. my sup calls me at 730am asking me if i wanted to run my route today (todays my day off) i got to center at 830, grabbed my handcart an diad an left..usually im shakey feeling worrying about late airs an stuff but i was calm an collected.it was nice, for once

i think i felt like that today.. my sup calls me at 730am asking me if i wanted to run my route today (todays my day off) i got to center at 830, grabbed my handcart an diad an left..usually im shakey feeling worrying about late airs an stuff but i was calm an collected.it was nice, for once
Once you learn how to deal with customers,It will save you a ton of time!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

abusiness customer gave me a pkg i delivered to wrong address today loll... i promptly took it next door and redelivered it...

Did you sheet it as refused and then resheet it at the correct address or did you just walk it over and hand it to the consignee, apologizing for the misdelivery?

I deliver to a college and there are often issues with bad addresses. If I have a misdelivery I just make sure it gets to the right person without re-sheeting it.

keeb86

The sups that ride along on training routes usually cool? I didnt get to touch a real diad and missed other stuff since i had a short school week. I just hope the sup understands this.
Kind of funny, but most drivers would say that most if the sups are out to get you... But the ones I had were actually very cool and fun to work with and pushed me to be a safe but efficient driver. I must have been lucky. Don't forget to mingle with the other experienced drivers and get advice from them too.

Sent using BrownCafe App

novadriver

Did you sheet it as refused and then resheet it at the correct address or did you just walk it over and hand it to the consignee, apologizing for the misdelivery?

I deliver to a college and there are often issues with bad addresses. If I have a misdelivery I just make sure it gets to the right person without re-sheeting it.
i resheeted it...prolly bad idea cuz i showed i friend'd up huh

Rainman

Its all good.
i resheeted it...prolly bad idea cuz i showed i friend'd up huh
No. It was the right thing to do. If you hadn't, then the cnee could have claimed they never received it, and with GPS showing it delivered next door, UPS would have had to pay a claim. That money would then be taken out of your check. Some of what we deliver is very expensive. Always make sure GPS shows where you actually delivered it, stop competing the package at the delivery point instead of the package car.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

novadriver

No. It was the right thing to do. If you hadn't, then the cnee could have claimed they never received it, and with GPS showing it delivered next door, UPS would have had to pay a claim. That money would then be taken out of your check. Some of what we deliver is very expensive. Always make sure GPS shows where you actually delivered it, stop competing the package at the delivery point instead of the package car.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.
oh snap, i stop complete most stuff in the truck lmaooo

By The Book

resis i mean lol
Thank that customer for not calling in when you see them.You could also hit duplicate stop for that misdelivery, since you took a stop for it the first time. If you are doing training/ safety or whatever before start time make sure to code the time out in other work section of Diad that way it won't go against your on road time. If you were on the clock for an hour before start time and didn't code it out, you will be an hour over before you even start.

novadriver

Thank that customer for not calling in when you see them.You could also hit duplicate stop for that misdelivery, since you took a stop for it the first time. If you are doing training/ safety or whatever before start time make sure to code the time out in other work section of Diad that way it won't go against your on road time. If you were on the clock for an hour before start time and didn't code it out, you will be an hour over before you even start.
i came in -45 monday... hoping i scratched today to..my sup says i needa scratch more then once, idk what to believe

By The Book

resis i mean lol
If you're pre recording stops and driving during your lunch to deliver those stops I'm telling you it will cost you your job. Give up your breaks and take a minimum lunch to make your numbers look good. Sort during lunch to have stops close to the front. There are ways to give up time and look better during your probation.

novadriver

If you're pre recording stops and driving during your lunch to deliver those stops I'm telling you it will cost you your job. Give up your breaks and take a minimum lunch to make your numbers look good. Sort during lunch to have stops close to the front. There are ways to give up time and look better during your probation.
i dont do that...i just enter in my lunch at end of day

salt

Nova driver I would suggest you take your lunch and breaks they really help you get your truck in order and give your mind a break. Trust me it helps a lot also why are you not clocking your lunch before your 5th hour. Also why are you not getting reamed for it.

Sent using BrownCafe App