Starting work next week as a preloader

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Piss off man.

Sent using BrownCafe App
images-154.jpeg

2014-07-20-18-10-06-1779614644.jpeg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm starting as a pre loader. I will be making $11 an hour, but only working 5.5 hours a day, so the paycheck really isn't much. When should I expect a raise or more hours? Any advice for a new pre loader?

I am pretty sure you have to have worked here for at least a year before you start getting contractual raises.

You are working 5.5 hours per day now, which is 2 more than the 3.5 hour guarantee.

Your hours should stay about the same until we get closer to Thanksgiving----you will then get more hours than you probably want.

Advice? Show up, do your job, keep your mouth shut, punch out and go home.

eXzemT

Banned
I am pretty sure you have to have worked here for at least a year before you start getting contractual raises.

You are working 5.5 hours per day now, which is 2 more than the 3.5 hour guarantee.

Your hours should stay about the same until we get closer to Thanksgiving----you will then get more hours than you probably want.

Advice? Show up, do your job, keep your mouth shut, punch out and go home.
Thank you!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Re-Raise

Starting next week as a preloader, I will be making $11 an hour.

I am thankful for being hired for the job, and I hope to make the most of this opportunity.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If you continue on Brown Cafe, you will see that preloaders think they are important (they are not) ... I guess that is because they load package drivers' cars who think the world revolves around them (it doesn't).

Good luck at UPS.

Last edited: