State and ups sick time have to match?

My pay stubs says I have 30 hours of sick time so I tried to use it last friday(I told my supervisor the week before I would have to miss) he comes to me today saying that ups sick time and state sick time "correlate" and I have to have enough ups sick time to use my state sick time. Apparently my ups sicktime is at an hour. This sounds all wrong too me anybody have knowledge?? Also he told me ups time builds up faster.... if thats true how do I only have one hour?! I rarely take days off

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
My pay stubs says I have 30 hours of sick time so I tried to use it last friday(I told my supervisor the week before I would have to miss) he comes to me today saying that ups sick time and state sick time "correlate" and I have to have enough ups sick time to use my state sick time. Apparently my ups sicktime is at an hour. This sounds all wrong too me anybody have knowledge?? Also he told me ups time builds up faster.... if thats true how do I only have one hour?! I rarely take days off

It depends on your local or regional contract. How much sick time do you accrue per year? How much have you taken? How long have you been working for the company?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Sounds dumb. We already have an LOU to comply to our states' generous sick leave law. One of the rules of the law is that it must be met or exceeded in any bargaining unit shop.

I'm sure other states have it backwards.

542thruNthru

How do you expect us to answer that question with little to no information. Do you think that the Untied STATES of America is just one state?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
How do you expect us to answer that question with little to no information. Do you think that the Untied STATES of America is just one state?
Look here!

You take the little bit of info provided...

Do all the leg work...

And...

Find an answer for the op that fits his agenda.

Stop acting brand new.

Sheeeeeeeeesh

Oh yeah....

On topic and helping in every way.

Back From Break

So you knew you were going to be "sick" (since this is sick time, not vacation time) the week before your actual "sick" day?