Staten Island Driver Injured - possibly loses leg

Future

Victory Ride
cb3afa9bf9eb233c009af19e9697bc6b.jpg
It could happen to anyone of us your right!
No I don't know him...
by no means am i worthy...but i am a believer ...

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I guess a Good Samaritan tied a tourniquet on his leg and helped him told him to think about his daughters he almost bled out. He lost consciousness twice. Saw an interview it won't let me copy it to post it. Unreal. Say a prayer for this man and his family.

Last edited by a moderator:

oldngray

nowhere special
http://nypost.com/2015/04/06/ups-workers-legs-crushed-after-hes-pinned-against-delivery-truck/

A UPS spokesperson said: “As of right now, Tom is going to make it, he’s going to live, but that’s all I know at this point.”

Sattar said Ryan, who’s in early 40s, is a married father of two kids, ages 8 and 9, and regularly made deliveries to the tire store.

The driver of the Toyota, which has North Carolina license plates, remained at the crash scene and told cops he was trying to avoid a pedestrian when he swerved and hit the UPS driver, law-enforcement sources said.

tacken

Are prayers are with you!!!! All the bitching that goes on. This really puts things in plain sight . The most important delivery is you at the end of the day.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS worker’s legs crushed after he’s pinned against delivery truck - NY Post

A UPS worker had one leg torn from his body — and the other nearly severed — when a car crushed him against his delivery truck on Staten Island Monday morning, a witness to the grisly crash told The Post.

The victim — identified by acquaintances as Tom Ryan, of Bayonne, N.J. — was unloading packages when the black Toyota Camry plowed into him in front of Wil John’s Tire Empire at 2044 Hylan Blvd. around 9 a.m., law-enforcement sources said.

“Tom was screaming, one of his legs was laying next to him under the truck,” tire shop mechanic Moe Sattar said.

nystripe96

Hopefully there's something the company can do for him assuming he makes it. Light duty inside the building or something. My heart goes out to him & his family.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hopefully there's something the company can do for him assuming he makes it. Light duty inside the building or something. My heart goes out to him & his family.
We had guy that lost a leg in a feeder accident and he finished his employment as a porter.

Last edited:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Maybe his coworkers will start a gofundme account and post it on here. While money won't fix everything, it might ease his mind some and allow him to concentrate on healing, if he doesn't have to worry about how his family will be taken care of.