States Participating in Central States Southeast & Southwest Areas Pension Fund

ok2bclever

I Re Member
A while back we were trying to determine which states participated in the Central States Pension Fund.

As most data involving the pension funds it was elusive and we tried a voluntary posting here of members from participating states.

CSPF just sent me an new and spiffy Plan Description that actually lists the states, so here they are in alphabetical order:

Alabama
Arkansas
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Nebraska
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Virginia
West Virginia
Wisconsin

Realize, some of these states are exclusively CSPF and some are not.

I know that Pennsylvania and Illinois are two examples of states where many workers are members of CSPF and many others belong to smaller geographical pension funds.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Yes, anybody who recently went full time and is a member of Central States should realize that their pension isn't goiing to take care of them in retirement. I would strongly recommend you to start investing early in something else, you don't need the most expensive car or large house, and marry someone with a good job with good benefits!

U

Unregistered

"Realize, some of these states are exclusively CSPF and some are not."

I'm in Virginia and we're under Joint Council #83. Seems that most of the Freight guys are under CS.

wyobill

A while back we were trying to determine which states participated in the Central States Pension Fund.

As most data involving the pension funds it was elusive and we tried a voluntary posting here of members from participating states.

CSPF just sent me an new and spiffy Plan Description that actually lists the states, so here they are in alphabetical order:

Alabama
Arkansas
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Nebraska
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Virginia
West Virginia
Wisconsin

Realize, some of these states are exclusively CSPF and some are not.

I know that Pennsylvania and Illinois are two examples of states where many workers are members of CSPF and many others belong to smaller geographical pension funds.

You can add Wyoming to that list

OldUPSDriver

This is the list for the Western Conference

Your Plan is one of the largest and financially strongest pension plans in the United States. All of the Plan benefits and improvements explained on this web site are made possible by the contributions of employers negotiated through the ongoing efforts of the Teamster local unions.

This page shows a current list of joint councils and local unions serving Plan participants and the phone numbers for their main offices. Plan representatives try to keep this information current and to correct any errors but make no guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information.

Alaska
Arizona
California
Colorado
Hawaii
Idaho
Montana
Nevada
New Mexico
Oregon
Utah
Washington