Staying energetic

ryansox

I'm wondering what everyone does to stay energetic during the day like sleep habits, food intake, energy drinks? I usually try to get 6 hours of sleep at least and stay away from energy drinks but I am starting to feel tired already and it's not even peak season yet.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Vitamin D supplement
Vitamin B complex supplement
Fish Oil supplement
Melatonin before sleep
Exercise 30 min a day, every day
stretch before sleeping ( this one really helps a good nights rest)
dinner should be the lightest meal, not heaviest ( my dinner: cereal, veggies, apples, bananas, etc)

Just a few suggestions that should help with energy levels and especially a good night's sleep.

packageguy

I'm wondering what everyone does to stay energetic during the day like sleep habits, food intake, energy drinks? I usually try to get 6 hours of sleep at least and stay away from energy drinks but I am starting to feel tired already and it's not even peak season yet.

no energy not a good thing, just eat your 3 square meals a day, no smoking or booze, that's no help. exercise everyday before work, gets the blood flowing.

ImDownWithBrown

Boredom and your perspective on life are also factors in your energy level. If you are emotionally and mentally healthy this will also help your energy. Is your glass half full or half empty?

llamainmypocket

You don't need sleep like you think. I did a whole year where I'd operate on 2-4 hours a day for 3-4 days in a row. Once the weekend rolls around then you will just catch up. It takes quite a bit of conditioning and i don't think I'd try it as a driver. It Works for a poor preloader who needs two jobs though.

rod

Retired 22 years
In the winter I try to get by on about 14 hours of sleep for every 24 hours. If it is REAL cold I try to hibernate. In the summer I get along with very little sleep--maybe just some cat naps.