Staying on trace

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Ipopsheep, Apr 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. BakerMayfield2018

BakerMayfield2018 Fight the power.

Wrong. If it’s the same street name it’s not a trace brake.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

That's exactly right.

3. PappyLand

PappyLand Active Member

How is this job so hard for some of you?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

It's not, it's just that UPS tries their best to make it way harder than it should be. Like forcing us to run a system that literally doesn't know left vs right (even though those things are established in EDD). How do they write a program that so often has you cross the street to deliver when its own trace brings you back down that same street where you could have delivered to the right? This is one of three main things that bug me most about Orion. The others is of course the digging/selecting all out of order and constant left turns.

5. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

Cuz some jew threw out my tote full of :censored2: while I was on vacation last week.

6. PappyLand

PappyLand Active Member

I’m pretty sure I’m usually within 95% everyday. I don’t follow my edd stop for stop either. You should have your dispatcher or manager explain how trace works. There’s a few posts on this thread that are absolutely not correct nformation.

7. PappyLand

PappyLand Active Member

I think he folded your guitar and threw it under the belt.

8. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Because I was trained to make service on every package, everyday.

9. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

You are correct. Not every stop in the section of work that has my busy street is addressed the busy street. I have to go in and out of the cross street work of that street.

10. Brown Biscuit

Brown Biscuit Blind every day

Have I mentioned my center doesn’t even have Orion as an option? EDD. Every. Damn. Day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Days

Days Active Member

Not much more fun to set up impossible standards and then criticize employees for not following them.

12. gman042

gman042 Been around the block a few times

Simply not true
    You break trace by skipping the stops too

13. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Also was taught, NEVER plan to fail. Maybe UPS isn’t the place for me anymore.

14. PappyLand

PappyLand Active Member

You have no idea what you’re talking about.

15. davidix

davidix Active Member

Orion is just something ups is selling to their share holders. If they tell me to follow it I'll just send messages all day. Do I run Orion and miss air savers and skip stops or do I run the route? Ask for instructions.

16. JustDeliverIt

JustDeliverIt Active Member

Is your hub hiring??

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. JL 0513

A lot of people believed this to be true but this was explained to us in a recent PCM. The trace break only occurs on the way up your list. So you can skip ahead to do a section and its not a break until you return back up to a stop listed before that section. Instead of two breaks that people would assume it is.

18. JL 0513

How is that possible when Orion rolled out over 6 years ago? How remote is your center?

19. Brown Biscuit

Brown Biscuit Blind every day

I’m actually in a pretty large city and a huge hub. From what I’m told, our area is just too vertical for ORION to ever work.

20. JL 0513

Too vertical? What exactly do you mean?