Staying on trace

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I have one area that has a very busy road and Orion always wants me to deliver it crossing this road. I refuse to do it that way and deliver that section of work backwards. Even though I do it backwards stop for stop just about every one of the deliveries constitutes a trace break.
Wrong. If it’s the same street name it’s not a trace brake.

JL 0513

How is this job so hard for some of you?

It's not, it's just that UPS tries their best to make it way harder than it should be. Like forcing us to run a system that literally doesn't know left vs right (even though those things are established in EDD). How do they write a program that so often has you cross the street to deliver when its own trace brings you back down that same street where you could have delivered to the right? This is one of three main things that bug me most about Orion. The others is of course the digging/selecting all out of order and constant left turns.

allahuakbar

She/Her
I’m pretty sure I’m usually within 95% everyday. I don’t follow my edd stop for stop either. You should have your dispatcher or manager explain how trace works. There’s a few posts on this thread that are absolutely not correct nformation.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
You can deliver stops going down on your Orion list skipping whatever stops you want and it will not be considered a trace break. Trace breaks only occur when you deliver back up the list. You could deliver every other stop from the start of the day (ex. stop 1,3,5,7, etc.) to the bottom of the list. Then once you go back up to the top of the list to do the even numbered stops( ex 2,4,6,8 etc.) it would only count as one trace break.

Simply not true
You break trace by skipping the stops too

davidix

Orion is just something ups is selling to their share holders. If they tell me to follow it I'll just send messages all day. Do I run Orion and miss air savers and skip stops or do I run the route? Ask for instructions.

JL 0513

Simply not true
You break trace by skipping the stops too

A lot of people believed this to be true but this was explained to us in a recent PCM. The trace break only occurs on the way up your list. So you can skip ahead to do a section and its not a break until you return back up to a stop listed before that section. Instead of two breaks that people would assume it is.